A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wide Display Cluster Retrofit (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9131)

Delboy 17th November 2014 11:26 AM

My DIS is not ACC :( it is however from MY2007 but its an S8 cluster and that may well be the difference that matters.

I know other S models have unique features in there DIS so its quite possible that's why, but given time I'm sure we will find out one way or another.

mattylondon 17th November 2014 12:05 PM

Excellent work Marcin. Thanks for sharing your research +++

I noticed in your newly installed wide display cluster that the redline is at 6200rpm, lower than the original 6800rpm. Do you know what car this came from? I guess there are slight differences between clusters for petrol cars.

manca 17th November 2014 04:52 PM

Hi Marcin +++

My DIS came from a 2008 A8 and I have the MPH readout , it didn't have ACC.

Its a fab upgrade and really lifts the whole driving experience.

As an added bonus my clock now works. For the first time in at least 18 months when I got in the car this morning I didn't have to reset either the time or the date. On the downside I can't use it as an excuse for being late anymore, but a price I happily pay.

M-A8 17th November 2014 06:03 PM

Sh*t, you are right Matt, thanks very much for spotting it...not !!! :ROFL:

Anyway, mine came from a 6.0 W12 and 2005 I think.

>>>

Hi Adam.
I'm glad you enjoying it and that everything works as it should.
It was nice to have a little meet and chat +++

>>>

So, boys, we have a little pattern here.
So far 2x pre FL clusters both with no ACC and both have MPHs.
Looks like its not an option on FL models only or with MMI 3G, its available for wide display clusters without ACC

Anyway, I'm going in a minute to the car to do a deep search for this option and see if I can have it activated.
For some reason something tells me it could be a tick in a Hidden Menu

>>>

I'll post a removal guide this evening, just need to edit pictures and put everything together

Architex_mA8tey 17th November 2014 07:05 PM

Guy and myself already had a look in the hidden menus and didn't find anything that would do it, but please do have a go it's quite possible that we missed something +++

M-A8 17th November 2014 07:30 PM

Half an hour if searching and searching through all possible controllers, adaptation, coding, long coding and nothing.

So far the patter is:
2x ACC wide dis clusters (coded out) - no MPH
2x non ACC wide dis clusters - MPH available

All 4 PF (<2009)

Will have to study the MMI's Hidden Menu document properly because after translating most of the options in Hidden Menu there is no obvious option which would enable MPG function

>>>

Manny, what the situation with yours??
You have a ACC cluster with ACC installed, can you switch to MPH on the main display (cluster) ???

mannyo 17th November 2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A8 (Post 84648)
Manny, what the situation with yours??
You have a ACC cluster with ACC installed, can you switch to MPH on the main display (cluster) ???

I have no MPH display, or gear info display in my car with PF 2004 cluster and active ACC.

I'll be at the fairmile on Sunday hopefully, your more than welcome to scan my cluster and anything else to help in your diagnosis. I'd like the full MPH and gear display but its looking like it's not possible.

M-A8 17th November 2014 08:25 PM

Cheers Manny +++

So far the patter is:
3x ACC wide dis clusters (2x ACC coded out, 1x active ACC) - no MPH
2x non ACC wide dis clusters - MPH available

M-A8 17th November 2014 08:41 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Removal Guide added to the first post, half way down.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....52&postcount=1

Duffy 29th January 2015 11:38 AM

A question if you don't mind.

I'm looking to upgrade my 2008 S8 from CC to ACC, the problem part here is getting a set of ACC S8 clocks.

Would the ACC PCB be transferrable from a widescreen non S8 or european ACC enabled set of S8 clocks onto my original widescreen?

Thanks!