A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Fuel and Exhausts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Broken down (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1874)

badger7777 12th June 2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 12702)
I tried the new Polo and really liked it. So I'm now going to see what kind of deal I can get on a 1.2 Moda (good spec) model. Should save me £80 a month in fuel and the best thing is it will be reliable too. Need it asap though. Anyone have any other suggestions? I quite like the Polo though.

I bought a new Polo 1.2 Moda for my wife a couple of months ago, it's a really nice car to drive - i did look at other things like a fiat 500, astra etc, but just couldn't bring myself to buy a non-VAG car, build quality and styling are much better IMO. The Moda spec is good, i think the only thing i wish i'd gone for as an extra is a centre armrest.

Ok, it's not an "8", but i sometimes do jump in the polo just for a sly drive in it - parking's a doddle!

Singh 12th June 2010 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is good to know Badger, thanks for your input. The salesman offered me a test drive but I turned it down as I'm not fussed about how it drives. My main reason for buying this car is as it will be reliable and more suited to my daily driving when compared to the S8. If anything the 16.1 second 0-60 time would put me off. What's it like on fuel then?

I have decided on a

1.2 Moda
Nimbus Grey (Metallic)
Strata interior
17'' Boavista alloys
Front centre armrest
RCD 510 touch screen colour headunit with 6 CD changer
I Phone charger/connection

Should look like identical to the one below

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1276367312

Just_Ben 12th June 2010 06:50 PM

Hi mate.

SOrry it's not a simple job, I spent ages trying to get it ready for you. It definately had no fuel pressure before I removed the delivery unit but even with fuel press. it's a no go. It did start but needs some more in depth investigation. Stayed at work till 6:30 mate but gonna have to carry on Monday eve.

Try not to worry, we'll have a 100% answer by Monday and nothing's un-fixable.

Singh 12th June 2010 06:59 PM

Thanks Ben, that is reassuring. I certainly want it fixed and am not going to sell it, just decided I needed something more dependable/reliable for my daily. +++

Reffro 12th June 2010 10:14 PM

Before you commit to buy the Polo, give the Citroen DS3 a look at, its a great car.

Singh 12th June 2010 10:37 PM

Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a Citreon. I may consider a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport or Audi A1 1.6 TDI sport though, maybe even a 116D coupe. But thats pushing it just price wise. Is the A1 in showrooms yet?

Architex_mA8tey 12th June 2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 12711)
Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a Citreon. I may consider a Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport or Audi A1 1.6 TDI sport though, maybe even a 116D coupe. But thats pushing it just price wise. Is the A1 in showrooms yet?

UK sales start in Sept 2010 Amar

Reffro 12th June 2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 12711)
Sorry Reffro but the main reason I am buying another car is reliability

In which case, Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris, Joint 1st in the latest JD Power survey. Polo was 7th.

Citroen reliability is no worse than VW's now. All that's left is the myth regarding VW reliability, because the fact is they do not score highly in actual measures of reliability. Skoda is the most reliable VW/Audi group brand, therefore how about a Fabia?

Singh 13th June 2010 02:41 AM

I really like Skodas, but I think the new Fabia looks crap so that's a no go. I know Japanese are the most reliable, but just don't like them. Sister brought an Accord and nothing in there seems logical to me in the layout and I don't like the way it says 'Premium sound system' on the sat nav :rolleyes:
I sat in the Polo and felt comfortable straight away, I know that Citroen have scored highly recently and meant that reliablity comment in jest. I forgot to insert (:ROFL:) smiley at the end. But I still don't think I could buy a Citroen. It does look good though, especially the interior. Have you driven one, and why do you recommend it? +++

Reffro 13th June 2010 11:50 AM

Yeah I've driven the DS3. I saw it first last year at the Frankfurt show. Loved the look of it straight away. Prices are OK, not cheap, but the ability to spec the car with the options is great. The option prices aren't that terrible either. Driving wise I'd best describe it as fluent, not the fastest, but does nothing wrong.