A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Body and Exterior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Windscreen wipers (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14654)

Johnmed 18th December 2018 04:41 PM

I tried to book the Audi wiper ‘service’ online. But you have to call them up. I lost interest at that point, plus wasting a few hours at Audi doesn’t appeal. So I ordered the Lucas blades - LWDF24C - JulianHicks and Marcin recommended in another thread on here. Haven’t arrived yet. But fingers crossed they’re decent.

H-M3 18th December 2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 146956)
I tried to book the Audi wiper ‘service’ online. But you have to call them up. I lost interest at that point, plus wasting a few hours at Audi doesn’t appeal. So I ordered the Lucas blades - LWDF24C - JulianHicks and Marcin recommended in another thread on here. Haven’t arrived yet. But fingers crossed they’re decent.

Those are the one I have after the thread above. Had them for over a year, can’t complain to be honest for the money but cannot compare to Audi ones as I have never had Audi ones.

kele 18th December 2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 146956)

Yeh, although for me I can work from anywhere as long as there is wifi and a phone signal. So no time wasted. Fitted cost was less than TPS for supply only...

Johnmed 18th December 2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kele (Post 146958)
Yeh, although for me I can work from anywhere as long as there is wifi and a phone signal. So no time wasted. Fitted cost was less than TPS for supply only...

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good loss leading loophole, I just wasn’t in the mood to go and sit in the stealers.

tc4332 18th December 2018 05:55 PM

It was a good experience for me.
The day I was booked in for turned out to be pretty bad for me, really depressed. The slightly older lady on reception spotted I was not at my best and started looking after me. She must have been a nurse or social worker in a previous life. I had biscuits, cake and tea coming out of my ears. And she started a mammoth hug in, all the young ladies came for a cuddle.
Problem was that I could not follow through on any of the offers. To be honest I still couldn't, all too fresh.

sarg 19th December 2018 02:50 PM

Ray, I'm taking you with me to the dealers next time, some of all that attention you get has got to rub off my way, right? :ROFL:

Hope you're keeping well and the family are keeping you busy in the upcoming holiday period

tc4332 19th December 2018 03:18 PM

Hi Sarg,
I am keeping well, the kids are looking after me, and up until this week I have been busy with the coaches.
Very quiet just now on the coach front, which is enabling me to catch up on all the little jobs. I've changed the powered phone holder in the car because I have treated myself to a new phone that does not fit the old holder but because it is powered I had to drop the dash and glove box. Bloody cold out there.
Not sure abouat the Xmas meet, I want to go but it depends on the coach situation. I don't want to let the passengers down that keep asking for me.
I'm not sure about the staealer staff, especially the young ladies. It might work for you when you are old like me.
Take care

Johnmed 18th June 2019 02:33 PM

Quite unimpressed with the Lucas wipers after 6 months. Nipped into Audi Warrington on my way home and after a few confused looks they agreed there was a fixed price wiper replacement scheme.

They had none in stock, but said they’ll be in tomorrow by 9. Fitted is now £45, or £64 if you fit them yourself. Last set lasted me nearly 4 years, so it’s money well spent.

If they’d had them in stock they’d have fitted them there and then, which is good. The making an appointment and hanging round Audi for a few hours had previously deterred me.

tc4332 18th June 2019 03:58 PM

There is a bonus, the car is washed before it comes out!!!:D

kele 18th June 2019 09:21 PM

Don,t forget a free summer check, a coffee and a biscuit whilst your at it..+++