A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   ive bought a Bitdi A6 C7 (a cheapy for now) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15899)

homer simpson 9th October 2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 160158)
Key fob ? never heard of that before

Newer Audis (and other manufacturers) have a lot of info stored on the key now. I remember when I picked up a loan car and the key was placed in a reader so the service advisor could pull up the car's details and book it out to me. The service history is on there too I think.

moltuae 9th October 2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer simpson (Post 160165)
Newer Audis (and other manufacturers) have a lot of info stored on the key now. I remember when I picked up a loan car and the key was placed in a reader so the service advisor could pull up the car's details and book it out to me. The service history is on there too I think.

I suspect they're using the key's ID as a vehicle reference to pull data from the system rather than from the key itself.

homer simpson 9th October 2020 07:50 PM

Possibly. It must have some VIN data though I suspect. I'll ask next time I'm at the dealers, unless someone here knows

paulrstaylor 9th October 2020 08:32 PM

I'd of thought any dealer should be able to give you a print out of the service history?

Ameiseuk 10th October 2020 05:19 AM

Lynne's last Mini Countryman had all service data on the ignition key.
We were always told to bring both keys to a service to update them incase the regular key was lost.

Replacement Merc has a paper book.....+++

ainarssems 17th April 2021 10:36 AM

Roberto how are you getting on with BiTDI, you still have it?

I am looking at buying a new car and been looking at A4 and A6 quattro diesel estates and and Allroads. To be honest I feel like most of the market is overpriced. I see many cars been up for sale 4-6 months, not selling and not dropping the price. Ultimately the choice would be A6 C7 BiTDi Allroad but I am looking at £12k + which I can afford but it's hard to justify. I think when new BiTDI was £2.5k extra than normal 3.0TDI but looking at 2012-2013 cars you can get normal 3.0 for £8k and BiTDI is £12k+ so extra premium for BiTDI is bigger on old car than it was for new. Purchase price aside I am also a bit worried about the BiTurbo unit going down, could be well expensive to repair, might have to stick to normal 3.0 but would like to hear your experiences.

Ameiseuk 18th April 2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 160156)
Lazy-arsed, overpaid, underworked, uppity Audi dealership oiks who are a (generally...) a complete waste of space. I don't miss them at all.

Is that not all dealership oiks?

I've just given up after ringing the local Fiat stealership 3 days in a row to order front pads and discs for a Ducato van.
Local indy parts dealer had them delivered and on my desk 40 minutes after the first phone call

tintin 18th April 2021 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ameiseuk (Post 164480)
Is that not all dealership oiks?

I've just given up after ringing the local Fiat stealership 3 days in a row to order front pads and discs for a Ducato van.
Local indy parts dealer had them delivered and on my desk 40 minutes after the first phone call

Not in my experience: Audi dealers have consistently been orders of magnitude worse than others I've dealt with (mainly, but not exclusively, Fiat and Tesla dealerships).
A bit like Alitalia - and to a lesser extent BA - flight crew of old, who seemed to think they were doing you a favour letting you interrupt their coffee chat/newspaper reading, etc, etc.
But maybe it's just me :ROFL:

roberto 18th April 2021 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 164477)
Roberto how are you getting on with BiTDI, you still have it?

I am looking at buying a new car and been looking at A4 and A6 quattro diesel estates and and Allroads. To be honest I feel like most of the market is overpriced. I see many cars been up for sale 4-6 months, not selling and not dropping the price. Ultimately the choice would be A6 C7 BiTDi Allroad but I am looking at £12k + which I can afford but it's hard to justify. I think when new BiTDI was £2.5k extra than normal 3.0TDI but looking at 2012-2013 cars you can get normal 3.0 for £8k and BiTDI is £12k+ so extra premium for BiTDI is bigger on old car than it was for new. Purchase price aside I am also a bit worried about the BiTurbo unit going down, could be well expensive to repair, might have to stick to normal 3.0 but would like to hear your experiences.

it broke down and no-one i know could fix it
£3500 quoted to repair
so i sold it on ebay as a non runner
gutted

ainarssems 18th April 2021 09:46 AM

What was the fault? Anything connected with biturbo unit?