A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   For Sale - My 2002 S8 in Avus Silver (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3498)

sarg 28th January 2012 10:07 PM

don't suppose you fancy a Boxster ;)

Reffro 28th January 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 32411)
don't suppose you fancy a Boxster ;)

Only if you can throw in a second one for my other foot+++

Dezzy 30th January 2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reffro (Post 32409)
As before, I've only posted on here for now. I am open to offers, I care more about the home the car will go to than the pounds and pence. Make me a sensible offer and an absolute promise to look after her and she's yours.

I'd sure give it a friendly home and it would be loved but i can't give you a sensible offer, shame :(.

Offer still stands for treasure hunt +++

daviesbike 1st February 2012 12:46 PM

its a shame that your getting rid, its a nice motor, sadly i fear you will not get a great deal for it witch is why i ended up keeping mine when i was going to sell to get the V10 but that again is a waiting game for the prices to drop witch they will of course, and with the new 4.0L turbocharged 500+bhp S8's arrival it will only make prices plummet yet again, i saw a 2001 S8 on PH and it had 120k on it and was only 2,999 its now sold
and this 2000 at 3300
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3556149.htm

why dont you keep her reffro ?
i would be intrested if i did not put so much work into my car, makes me wander what my car is really worth

Reffro 1st February 2012 01:09 PM

I've had my 8 for 3 years which is very unusual for me. Having had a heart to heart with myself about keeping the car, I'd prefer to move into something a little newer. Therefore both the 8 and my Merc are going, to leave me with one car and a bike.

As for value, I don't worry about that, the market will decide for me. I have a value in my mind and those figures you quote aren't too far away. In any negotiation there are three prices. Ask, Like and Take. What value you attach to those will determine if you really want to sell the car. Obviously I'd like to maximise what I get, but I also want to know that the 8 will go to a good owner. Muppets will not be entertained.

daviesbike 1st February 2012 03:40 PM

well sed, i had quite a few test pilots when i was selling my vertion 1 sti but would not entertain them,

HPsauce 1st February 2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reffro (Post 32666)
Muppets will not be entertained.

Having owned an S8 for almost 10 years I hope I'm not one of those... :ROFL:

As I said on the previous page:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 32410)
The owners list says Hertfordshire, is that right? Can't be far from me.

If so I'd very much like a look as I could finally be tempted with a "later model"... :o

Reffro 1st February 2012 04:59 PM

Sorry HP, I did see your earlier post and thought that you would have seen my location up above my other posts.

I'm in Bushey, 5 mins from J5 M1 and 2 mins from the A41. You are more than welcome to come drive the car even if its just for the fun of it. Just drop me text or give me a call to let me know when you'd like to come over.

I will warn you though, you may end up having to buy it;) When Mike (Conan) who had up to that point two 32v S8's, drove Darren's and passengered in my 40v, it was enough to convince him to go 40V for his project car and daily driver. Hence Mike now has the Murple monster.

HPsauce 1st February 2012 05:43 PM

Cheers, just down the road really - I'm a few minutes from M25 J17, so just the other side of "sunny Watford". :D
Maybe some time next week? I'll drop you a message or email.

IT 1st February 2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daviesbike (Post 32681)
well sed, i had quite a few test pilots when i was selling my vertion 1 sti but would not entertain them,

ooo.. Scoobies... I loved mine....

Rb5 Wrsport number 103. Stolen, never recovered..... :-(