A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A8 Forum: ESSENTIAL for A8 ownership imho (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12420)

tc4332 14th December 2016 04:10 PM

I would be lost without you folk.
My best find ever apart from realising that SWMBO was serious when she said that she wanted to buy me an 8.

1781cc 14th December 2016 04:30 PM

I've been a regular of many forums over the years, pretty much 80% related to Audi's and I think that a good forum is an invaluable resource for the models covered, its telling that in my early searches for a car and info before buying, RS246 and AudiSRS have a section for these cars but no one posts there and when I asked anything, they all said to come here...

This forum has helped me find my car, reassure me about my ownership experience and likely running costs as well as vent about all the idiots that seem hell bent on hurting her. I feel welcome here and hope to eventually offer as much in return over time as others have offered me so far.

I haven't had any parts from A8 Parts yet - nothing personal, haven't needed anything thankfully, but they did supply my new TT rocker cover and based on that experience, I would happily buy from them when the time (inevitably) comes.

steamship 14th December 2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldnick (Post 121279)
frankly I couldn't afford to run an A8 without the aid and advice from members here

so thanks to all as well as our sponsors

Have to reiterate what oldnick said. It would be impossible for me to maintain my A8 without the help and assistance from everyone on here, in addition to our sponsors, who give us this excellent forum to hang around on.

IT 23rd December 2016 10:06 PM

Well, thanks for all the kind words folks.

But, in fairness, the forum is just a platform we built for a decent bunch of folks to meet up and exchange information and banter, and here you all are +++

You guys make it really, we just leave you (mostly) to it and its worked out pretty well.

I remember when it started and it was very D2 centric, and now its mostly D3 centric with some D4 coming in.

I have ambitions to try and attract other prestige Audi models into the forum and welcome those owners who enjoy the finer points of their model, even if they didn't quite go for the whole 8. We have sections now, but don't actively attract the likes of Q7 / A7 / A6 owners for example, but I think with so much crossover between the top end models in terms of tech these days, we could all benefit.... +++

Oli18 24th December 2016 04:21 AM

Well said. - it will have been 8 years since I joined in January when it first started. I wouldn't be on my 3rd 8 if it hadn't been for this forum...especially as my last two 8s were bought off Ian!

Thanks for a great job managing what I think is the best car forum. I am a member of many others but the people and quality of content is undoubtedly great here.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Oli