A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   A8 d4 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13548)

limoncello 28th October 2017 10:49 PM

it was probably one of the same batch audi bought in to show, but no, only difference i can see is mileage and i have black interior

Audidothat 15th November 2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 134247)
just had the worst 18 months of my life

Just putting selling (or not) the car aside for the moment, I hope you’re ok.

Johnmed 15th November 2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audidothat (Post 134911)

+1.

These big diesel land yachts do drop like stones. Depreciation that can be avoided by keeping the things or selling and buying something that has depreciated similarly. I know I'd miss mine (D3), and would find it hard to replace.

limoncello 17th November 2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audidothat (Post 134911)

Thanks mate yes not to bad now, short version is wife gone nuts, run off with kids, refused to let me see them, 16K in legal fees to get them back. plus until csa get their fingers out im still paying her 560 a month. hence the thinking about downsizing the car for a while

tc4332 17th November 2017 03:41 PM

Take care, nice that you have the kids back.
Good luck with the CSA muppets.

gninnam 17th November 2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 134995)
Thanks mate yes not to bad now, short version is wife gone nuts, run off with kids, refused to let me see them, 16K in legal fees to get them back. plus until csa get their fingers out im still paying her 560 a month. hence the thinking about downsizing the car for a while

Not good and so sorry :(

Tj2k 21st November 2017 01:59 PM

Looking for a D4 4.2 TDI <90kmiles

Hey all, been a while since I had an 8 (I think the forum owner / Op inspected my old car, a nice spec D3 4.2tdi, for a member of this forum - I wonder if he still has it?)...

So.. I've always missed that car & very briefly had a D4 4.2Tdi SE Exec before selling to get a Motorhome (which turned into a nightmare). Since then had a nice spec A7 in black, which I pranged in the snow which the "Audi Approved" repair agent in Wolverhampton cocked up repeatedly until I eventually lost patience & sold it.

I'm now looking for a good D4 4.2tdi Se Exec <£18k <80k miles in almost any colour (prefer a light interior if poss) with acc & sunroof.. There's a few stealer versions about but the elusive ACC is difficult to pinpoint & am fed up of reading ad's using the phrase "fully loaded" when they're standard SE or SE Exec spec & nowt else! ;)

Any leads as to a vehicle here or elsewhere (provided forum rules allow) I would be very interested / appreciate a PM / reply / linkydink :-)

Off topic sorry but I understand that the D4 has the ZF8HP70 tranny; does anyone know if anyone has done their own tranny fluid swap themselves here? I've done it on ZFHP28 in a Discovery 4 (nearly wrote D4 then!) & will want to do it in the A8 D4 when I secure one (as my price range puts me into the 2010-2012 age bracket - so it'll be due) - I know I'm being lazy & I will search in a sec after posting.

jza8 21st November 2017 03:23 PM

4.2 tdi's have 8hp90 boxes. Not very easy to drop the pan on these - you have to remove crossmember, but nothing too complicated.

jamoca 22nd November 2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 134995)

That sounds horrific, sorry to hear that and hope all gets sorted out.

Separately, do you know what you might want to downsize to?

Johnmed 22nd November 2017 05:36 PM

OP, I’m really sorry to hear about your troubles. In my experience women are either a bit nuts or about to go a bit nuts. I almost wish I’d been born gay.