A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   London Classics Meet Sunday 18th? (and free tickets...!! ) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13795)

HPsauce 19th February 2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 138017)
...left on the front passenger seat of Herman when he was returned to me this evening :D

Brilliant! +++
Yesterday Neil and I were talking to the owner of the company that makes those and he did think they had three signed for auction and one more that he didn't know the destination of.

David's8 19th February 2018 08:37 PM

Looks like you all had a great day and Tintin's momento is a real treat to treasure. +++

tonupkid 19th February 2018 09:01 PM

Steve sour S8 is a stunner. And I do like the way they look sitting on those Avus wheels.

tintin 19th February 2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 138018)
That's a great souvenir to have, and despite my earlier cheeky comments the car looked great, think the lighting made it look even shinier+++

You can't beat Ebony Black for sheer shininess, especially indoor +++. Pity I didn't get to see it, but I'm looking forward to seeing in the daylight tomorrow morning +++

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 138020)
Brilliant! +++
Yesterday Neil and I were talking to the owner of the company that makes those and he did think they had three signed for auction and one more that he didn't know the destination of.

Two for auction, one for Philip Glenister, and one for me, I think :D....

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 138022)
Looks like you all had a great day and Tintin's momento is a real treat to treasure. +++

It is, and I'm lucky to have it, and it kind of made up for not being able to be there ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 138024)
Steve your S8 is a stunner. And I do like the way they look sitting on those Avus wheels.

I agree - a bit more "muscular" than the 20s, weirdly...but maybe that's just the film connection in my brain :rolleyes:

I do feel very, very fortunate to have the full deck of (a) diamond-cut 20s, (b) W12 '18s and (c) 6 spoke Avus 18s. I'm not sure that I can think of anything else I need really?. Now, anyone need a set of 18" 9 spokes? :ROFL:

HPsauce 19th February 2018 09:27 PM

Though what you really need Stephen, for the full Ronin look, is a set of PF 18" Avus.... ;)
PS Don't ask me, mine are long gone. :D

tintin 19th February 2018 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 138027)
Though what you really need Stephen, for the full Ronin look, is a set of PF 18" Avus.... ;)
PS Don't ask me, mine are long gone. :D

I know, but I'm very happy with the ones I've got - I prefer these centre caps +++

mattylondon 20th February 2018 08:03 AM

That's a fabulous piece of memorabilia +++

HPsauce 13th April 2018 06:38 PM

Just a funny little follow-up for those of us who met up at the Fatboy's Diner beforehand. I have a nephew who lives just over Bow Creek from there in a block of flats on the SW corner of the dock by Excel.

But what I didn't know and just found out today talking to his mother (one of my sisters) is that his office is on Trinity Buoy Wharf right next to the diner, looking out over the Thames!
Not that he was likely to be there on a Sunday....

My sister has eaten in the Diner a few times but didn't actually seem that impressed.

Architex_mA8tey 14th April 2018 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another follow on from the meet at the Classic Car Show in london is that myself and Tintin had a conversation with the Carvolution company who produced some bespoke automotive artwork for the organisers and who also had a stand next to the "Getaway Cars" display.

I had a chat with the owner whilst we were there and they followed up with me and have now produced the attached PDF with a "15% off" offer for any A8/S8 UK Owners who would like some artwork for themselves.

I actually got given one of these about 5 years ago by a relative and it was a bespoke picture with my first 5 cars I ever owned on it, along with their type, colour and registrations, so it makes quite a nice gift. Tintin was gifted a signed copy of the print they produced for the organisers as a thank you for donating his car to the display for the show, and can probably comment on the quality of these pieces of artwork - there is also a chance to be entered into their draw to win the remaining print signed by Philip Glenister and some tickets to next years London Classic Car Show.

If anyone is interested all details are on the attached PDF +++

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...4&d=1519070278