A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   A8 D3 (4E) S8 Grill BNiB 05-07 and others (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7200)

M-A8 1st December 2013 05:55 PM

This is interesting, I thought about black gloss quattro badge with red writing, but to small of course
I'm thinking .... +++

M-A8 1st December 2013 05:57 PM

but this one (black) is only 14mm and gap is at least 20mm, chrome one 20 x 90

A8L Chick 3rd December 2013 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Marcin. Thanks for the grille.

The S8 badge in clips from the back of the grille. When I remove the W12 grille I'll see if that clips in the same. Then it'll just be a case of using the W12 clip, peel "W12" off like I did before ad replace with another badge of choice. I will update with pics if I could work out how to get them off my iphone

A8L Chick 3rd December 2013 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure I'm attaching these right

M-A8 3rd December 2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8L Chick (Post 65149)
Not sure I'm attaching these right

Brilliant +++
Cheers for that.

And for the grill. You're Welcome !!!

I assume you can peel S as well, but then even if I would get A to replace S then it will look kind of stupid I think and anything else such as nice 20mm ABT badge will also so be silly.
So I will more likely go for what you've done, quattro badge.
I will get new W12 badge, ideally from a grey plastic not black, get the w12 off. and stick quattro on.

I think quattro is the best choice ;)

Oli18 3rd December 2013 09:48 PM

Also a big thanks from me Marcin!

Great to meet another enthusiast and someone with as much passion.

Hope to see u again soon at a meet +++

Oli

M-A8 4th December 2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli18 (Post 65194)
Also a big thanks from me Marcin!

Great to meet another enthusiast and someone with as much passion.

Hope to see u again soon at a meet +++

Oli

Morning Oli.

Good chat last night +++
Same here, so good to meet people (Bex in the morning and Oli evening) who genuinely love A8s and are full of passion for this cars.

Like the interior very much mate and seriously considering S8 mirrors now ahead of paint job.
If you can buy from the dealer just the cover separately, off a S8, from the dealer then I may do what you did, change just the covers not the whole mirrors.

BTW, Oli, if you need more room or some help with the bumper and the grill then feel free to ask at any time, Saturdays or Sundays are fine.
I'll be more then help do most or do it all if needed.

Anyone actually, if you need to strip your car for any reason and you have nowhere to do it or don't want to do it on the street, then you're more than WELCOME to pop in, just give me heads up unless its urgent then no problem either.

Tea, coffee....beer provided, chances of a BBQ no matter what's the weather are pretty high +++