A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Audi Driver International (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1228)

A8_Tony 20th September 2009 08:47 PM

Audi Driver International

OK guys, this is being held on Saturday 10th October. We have previously asked for people to let us know if they're going, but now we need some definite answers. We're hoping to get a track session booked for the A8OC (all '8 owners are welcome) so that we can get the track to ourselves +++

Please add your names to the list below:

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90

P.S. For those that might be interested, due to the lack of responses elsewhere, I intend holding the AGM at ADI, so that we can get all the feedback from you guys to start planning the Annual Meet for next year :D

Architex_mA8tey 21st September 2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8_Tony (Post 7454)

Please add your names to the list below:

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey

P.S. For those that might be interested, due to the lack of responses elsewhere, I intend holding the AGM at ADI, so that we can get all the feedback from you guys to start planning the Annual Meet for next year :D

Im gonna be there Tony (nearest one to me lol) let me know if you need me there early to help cheers +++

Mkoneman 21st September 2009 09:35 AM

Ill be there :)

IT 21st September 2009 10:13 AM

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey
Mkoneman
ian@a8parts
David@a8parts
dave@a8parts (TBC)
carl@a8parts (TBC)

Looking forward to it :D

PsYcHe 21st September 2009 10:58 AM

Can't make it as I'm heading off on holiday that day.

Tony - Can you send me agenda items nearer the time and I'll try to get some feedback to you before the meet.

Singh 21st September 2009 11:35 AM

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey
Mkoneman
ian@a8parts
David@a8parts
dave@a8parts (TBC)
carl@a8parts (TBC)
Singh

A8 Owner 21st September 2009 12:35 PM

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey
Mkoneman
ian@a8parts
David@a8parts
dave@a8parts (TBC)
carl@a8parts (TBC)
Singh
A8 Owner

CliveH 21st September 2009 07:15 PM

Hopefully

Please put me down as a possible +++

Botang 22nd September 2009 12:08 PM

Me and Tobes are bringing the track Audi

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey
Mkoneman
ian@a8parts
David@a8parts
dave@a8parts (TBC)
carl@a8parts (TBC)
Singh
A8 Owner
CliveH (TBC)
Botang & Tobes, 1 Car

tonupkid 22nd September 2009 09:26 PM

Me plus 1, possibly 2 others

A8_Tony
darrenjoe90
Architex_mA8tey
Mkoneman
ian@a8parts
David@a8parts
dave@a8parts (TBC)
carl@a8parts (TBC)
Singh
A8 Owner
CliveH (TBC)
Botang & Tobes, 1 Car
Tonupkid

Conan_the_Librarian 23rd September 2009 11:53 AM

I'm spitting feathers because I can't go to this! :mad:

I have been on to Autometrix and booked 20 cars in. If the list gets bigger I'll e-mail them again.

I can't even bring myself to say 'enjoy'........mutter mutter, mutter, bugger, mutter, mutter.............

Mkoneman 23rd September 2009 12:26 PM

That's 2 years in a row now..... Tut tut

Architex_mA8tey 23rd September 2009 12:53 PM

Yes but I bet "Mr Smirnoff" isnt the cause! :p

Mkoneman 23rd September 2009 01:03 PM

Haha true I'd better not speak too soon :p

Conan_the_Librarian 23rd September 2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 7524)
Yes but I bet "Mr Smirnoff" isnt the cause! :p

Thank You Neal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkoneman (Post 7525)
Haha true I'd better not speak too soon :p

A bit of National Service would do you good Sonny! :p:D

Mkoneman 23rd September 2009 03:47 PM

Nah I wouldn't want to mess my hair up ;)

Singh 23rd September 2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mkoneman (Post 7528)

Touché fella :D +++

PsYcHe 23rd September 2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Yep.. You can see what it did to Mike's :D

A8_Tony 23rd September 2009 08:11 PM

For those interested in a track session, please identify yourselves too. We may be able to get a complete session for the '8's :)

CliveH 23rd September 2009 08:17 PM

Sounds good Tony +++

What's the cost likely to be?

Conan_the_Librarian 24th September 2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Don't worry. We would keep it in a box for you after we cut it off! :p

tonupkid 24th September 2009 11:14 PM

+++ Track session. Me interested

builder22 25th September 2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 7466)
Can't make it as I'm heading off on holiday that day.

Tony - Can you send me agenda items nearer the time and I'll try to get some feedback to you before the meet.

Snap - i won't make it there either, but as per PsYcHe if you shoot on the agenda i'll give you some feedback.

CliveH 25th September 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8_Tony (Post 7533)
For those interested in a track session, please identify yourselves too. We may be able to get a complete session for the '8's :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliveH
Sounds good Tony

What's the cost likely to be?

:Confused:

A8_Tony 28th September 2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliveH (Post 7563)
:Confused:

Sorry fella, been runing around like a daft one!!!

Cost is normally around £40 per session. I'm only planning on going out on one, so hope that we can get it stuffed full of '8's :)

CliveH 2nd October 2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8_Tony (Post 7533)

any news on this Tony?

darrenjoe90 3rd October 2009 06:38 PM

does anybody have any plans sorted for next weekend ? my plan so far is to set off from bradford about 4am on saturday morning and arrive about 9am. hopefully i will be doing three sessions on track. on saturday evening i hope to stay at the hilton swindon and attend the gala dinner, also attend the pre evening show at swindon audi. i will be returning home on sunday when i can be bothered or when my head is clear from the "shandy" from the night before. anybody else got any similar plans ?

Just_Ben 3rd October 2009 07:01 PM

Looking forward to this day!I have a trade stand and so if anyone from here wants a coffee I'll have a machine with me! You're all welcome! +++

Hope to see plenty of '8s there and hope some make it on to track - show them others how to go on!!!!! +++

Conan_the_Librarian 4th October 2009 03:13 PM

O woe, woe wooooooeeeeeee! http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/imag...es/cussing.gif http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/imag...s/crybaby2.gif

A8_Tony 5th October 2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 7659)

....your boat, gently down the stream!!! ;) :D

CliveH 5th October 2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 (Post 7652)
does anybody have any plans sorted for next weekend ? my plan so far is to set off from bradford about 4am on saturday morning and arrive about 9am. hopefully i will be doing three sessions on track. on saturday evening i hope to stay at the hilton swindon and attend the gala dinner, also attend the pre evening show at swindon audi. i will be returning home on sunday when i can be bothered or when my head is clear from the "shandy" from the night before. anybody else got any similar plans ?

We have a similar plan Darren, except we won't be leaving so early otherwise we could have gone down in convoy.

Just waiting to hear from Tony if anything has been arranged for a dedicated '8 track session... ;)

CliveH 5th October 2009 07:30 PM

A8OC club stand

oh, and just one other question - what are the arrangements for the A8OC stand passes please?

IT 5th October 2009 09:19 PM

We (all 4 of us @ A8 Parts that is) are heading down Friday night, enjoying couple (ah-hem) of beers and then geading to ADI bright and early.... We're not staying saturday though....

Look forward to seeing you there +++

tonupkid 5th October 2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliveH (Post 7679)
oh, and just one other question - what are the arrangements for the A8OC stand passes please?

What are these he4re stand passes. Is it summat I should know about before setting off???

CliveH 6th October 2009 07:47 AM

Stand passes

As I understand it, we will each need a stand pass (to be displayed in the windscreen) in order to get into the club area and park up on the A8OC stand?

darrenjoe90 6th October 2009 10:21 AM

clive the reason for me going so early is for me to sign on for the track session. i have booked a half day ( 3 sessions) but if i sign on in the morning then i can use them anytime during the day. i need to be there between 8am and 9am to get to the briefing.

CliveH 6th October 2009 11:16 AM

No problem Darren - we've opted for the afternoon track session as there's no way you'll get our lot out of bed and on the road for 4am...! :rolleyes:

Architex_mA8tey 6th October 2009 01:00 PM

Yes we definately had stand passes last year (sure I've still got mine somewhere!!) but these are gonna need to be distributed mighty quick this year now (Tonyyyyy ??) or we wont get them in time.
If all else fails I would head for the arena area and blag your way in just tell them you are on the A8OC stand, it will probably help if you have your A8OC show plates showing in the front dash area. +++

CliveH 6th October 2009 01:08 PM

Stand passes

Perhaps we should all PM Tony with our addresses so that he can send the passes out to us, but as you say they really ought to be posted PDQ, like tomorrow latest...

Architex_mA8tey 6th October 2009 01:17 PM

I'll give him a call, I've got his work number