A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Other Audis (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audi Replacing coilpacks - Free (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2660)

The_Laird 4th March 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo_Ben (Post 18930)
All 40v A/S8's, 3.0/3.2V6, 1.8T (post 2000), 2.0/2.0FSi etc.

So I just call up Glasgow Audi and say I want to book my S8 in for 8 new coil packs FOC?

FireStorm 4th March 2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 18872)
Took the S4 (03 4.2 V8) into Audi today and they fitted 8 brand new coils for free, the old ones were prone to failing so Audi are changing to a modified version free regardless of mileage or warranty status. I'm sure D3s will be effected and maybe facelift D2 models too. Ended up buying a big Audi toy car for my nephew to drive around in so not a completely free visit.
Give your dealer a call and find out if your effected. +++

Bump

briang9 4th March 2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBlue8 (Post 18933)
So I just call up Glasgow Audi and say I want to book my S8 in for 8 new coil packs FOC?

can you tell them I want mine done too please Jim?

cheers:)

Singh 4th March 2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devine_nathan (Post 18968)
just changed mine mate and ive got LPG on the D3

all 8 for free.

I'm sure my LPG injectors obstruct the coils though...

jayzee 5th March 2011 10:24 PM

Thinking ahead for a potential remap at Revo; I'm guessing replacing these and the plugs would be a must before the new map?

ainarssems 6th March 2011 02:59 AM

Is it only for 40v and not for 32v?

Adrian E 7th March 2011 12:32 PM

Well this is properly wierd - rang my local dealer and my A6 3.0 QS Avant IS covered by the recall, however my S8 is not :Confused:

Need to ring Audi and find out why as was certain it would be the other way round!!

Anyone have access to the necessary data that can check my VIN?

Apparently the S8 has an outstanding recall for something to do with a door lock?!

Mr K 7th March 2011 12:51 PM

I emailed Audi UK last night asking if my 2002 S8 was eligible and what other models are effected. Not holding my breath for a reponse.

Probably with giving them a call and finding out what the official word is.

Adrian E 7th March 2011 12:59 PM

Yeah, I just did that after posting - their system gives the same info as the dealer, so not eligible.

The outstanding S8 recall is actually to check for a faulty Park position sensor - it can jam and prevent the car being taken out of Park. Given how tricky my garage access is at the moment, that doesn't bare thinking about!

I've got the A6 booked in for a week Friday, so will book the S8 in when I'm there.

Wonder if there's anything nice I could test drive while they're fixing mine?!

E.L.M.O 7th March 2011 05:59 PM

I had to have my coil packs replaced when they went a couple of years ago, I got the work done at Audi and still have the receipt.

Whats the chances that if mines the bad ones they will reimburse me?