A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   D3 Sway Bar Bushes - Supply found (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16219)

mcs 18th April 2021 02:27 AM

D3 Sway Bar Bushes - Supply found

Hi All,

I was under my car looking at the lower control arms to check if they were worn before ordering a set, and I noticed my sway bar end link bolt had completely sheared off.

This would account for the rattle I was getting.

Naturally I took the bar out and went to order a new one, but there are none in OZ and they are a fortune from Audi. My car is a sport so I have the 31mm bar.

I have learned the bushes for the bar are actually bonded to the bar and are part of it. There is seemingly no supply of these, however I have found a company here which makes them and am trying them out.

If anyone requires some, let me know and I will see if they can make more of them.

I will keep you all updated on how it goes.

Mike

kele 18th April 2021 11:31 AM

You should be able to get these locally and cheaply?

ADSB-D3F-KIT Genuine Febest FRONT STABILIZER BAR BUSH KIT D30.8 4E0411305AB

mcs 18th April 2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kele (Post 164485)
You should be able to get these locally and cheaply?

ADSB-D3F-KIT Genuine Febest FRONT STABILIZER BAR BUSH KIT D30.8 4E0411305AB

Thanks mate but those are only for the normal bars not the sports ones.

Prefferle 22nd May 2021 06:30 AM

Update on Stabiliser bar bushes?

Hi Mike,

Any update on the Sport suspension bushes? Did they fit properly? Working correctly? Did you get these in UK? I’m looking for a set here in UK
Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs (Post 164479)
Hi All,

I was under my car looking at the lower control arms to check if they were worn before ordering a set, and I noticed my sway bar end link bolt had completely sheared off.

This would account for the rattle I was getting.

Naturally I took the bar out and went to order a new one, but there are none in OZ and they are a fortune from Audi. My car is a sport so I have the 31mm bar.

I have learned the bushes for the bar are actually bonded to the bar and are part of it. There is seemingly no supply of these, however I have found a company here which makes them and am trying them out.

If anyone requires some, let me know and I will see if they can make more of them.

I will keep you all updated on how it goes.

Mike

mcs 23rd May 2021 10:00 AM

I have the bushes, but because the bolt snapped in the sway bar, I had to order a new bar. The replacement bar has been at Frankfurt waiting to leave for a month now. Much to my irritation.

I’ll update this whenever it actually arrives.

mcs 5th June 2021 02:08 AM

I have received the replacement sway bar, it is indeed the same Sport bar I had before. And the bushes seem to be just fine with it. There are no gaps etc when the brackets are done up.

The bushes fit the car perfectly.

Prefferle 5th June 2021 03:48 PM

D3 S8 front sway bar

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcs (Post 165194)
I have received the replacement sway bar, it is indeed the same Sport bar I had before. And the bushes seem to be just fine with it. There are no gaps etc when the brackets are done up.

The bushes fit the car perfectly.

Nice! A good result+++

Well I have tried all the poly bush suppliers without success, and have resorted to the OEM Audi new bar. Darn thing is on back order so don’t know when it will arrive...

mcs 6th June 2021 02:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have used these.

I’m happy to get some for people and send them.

Mike