A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Common Faults (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Beeeeeep (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10650)

Norretal 11th October 2015 06:39 PM

Beeeeeep

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct place, but here goes....

Can't find anything else relating to the same issue on here so I'm asking for guidance. Since yesterday I've had a warning when putting the car into reverse, the continuous beep and asking if it's safe for me to reverse. The only thing I did was wash the car yesterday and the fault arrived just after. So, is it a failed sensor and is the only option to replace it? I'd obviously be happier if it's a common thing and there's a cheap, easy fix

Delboy 11th October 2015 06:50 PM

Could be just water in the connector, do you know which ones not responding

Norretal 11th October 2015 07:01 PM

I don't have VCDS Del but I can get it scanned if that's what is needed. It's not really a problem, just more of an annoyance, I'd like to understand and fix it

Delboy 11th October 2015 07:44 PM

Is it something your going to tackle yourself, the bumper can be a right pain in the behind to get off.

You may be able to determine which one is out by listening to them when reverse is engaged.

47p2 11th October 2015 10:11 PM

Did you use a power wash to clean the car?

Norretal 12th October 2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 47p2 (Post 100466)
Did you use a power wash to clean the car?

Yes I did, but lightly just to rinse as it wasn't really dirty, is that a known cause?

47p2 12th October 2015 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 100472)
...is that a known cause?

Yes, never point a jet washer at the parking sensors, if they get a tiny amount of water in they are fubarred, had one on my Mercedes went haywire because of water ingress, and managed to reset it by connecting to diagnostics, not sure if this is possible with the Audi or not

Norretal 12th October 2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 47p2 (Post 100475)
Yes, never point a jet washer at the parking sensors, if they get a tiny amount of water in they are fubarred, had one on my Mercedes went haywire because of water ingress, and managed to reset it by connecting to diagnostics, not sure if this is possible with the Audi or not

I've washed it many times using the same method, guess I've just been unlucky this time.

Thanks, I'll get it scanned and find out which one is acting up

IT 12th October 2015 08:38 PM

You see, I always knew it was possible to over wash a car.... I've always been a bit cautious like that.... ;)

Norretal 12th October 2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 100517)
You see, I always knew it was possible to over wash a car.... I've always been a bit cautious like that.... ;)

Thanks for the helpful guidance Ian, I knew I could rely on you :ROFL: