A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A8 / S8 Generic Posts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Top Gear seats ? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=645)

IT 27th March 2009 04:41 PM

Top Gear seats ?

So, its official, we're a bit overstocked on seats....

Lets do some quick maths....

2 front seats per car, 1 rear bench per car, 40+ cars dismantled, probably less than half a dozen seats sold in total = one large stockpile of cow trim. Moo.

Now, whilst the sport recaros have some value, as they are desired for many a VAG application, the non sport ones are less popular. Ok, they're a waste of storage space....

They are mostly fully electrically adjustable, with lumbar, heating etc and would (IMHO) make an awesome lounge setup if someone fancied a little welding.....

They mount very easily with a simple pair of parallel rails with 4 bolt holes, and a single +12v supply does everything....

The rear benchs could too make a nice sofa, complete with armrest lol.

So......

Can anyone find a good home for some of these?

Any crazy ideas what they could be used for ?

Its nearly BBQ season... Outside seats ?

We're on the verge of binning a large number of them, so whils stocks last the non sport prefacelift seats are 'free for collection' in our eyes as it saves us Bin space +++

Singh 27th March 2009 07:15 PM

I've promised myself a recaro sport seat for my bedroom when I've got a bit more dough, is it possible to take the metal runners off the seat? Want to sit them flat on laminate. +++

Architex_mA8tey 27th March 2009 08:57 PM

I could do with an A8 office swivel chair ;)

Conan_the_Librarian 27th March 2009 09:43 PM

Chuck in a motocycle 12v battery and bob is related to your mother. Hmmmmm tempting.

gninnam 27th March 2009 10:37 PM

Gaming chair (add some speakers and away you go) or as the wife just said, a nice sun lounger....

How much are you going to charge (free if picked up:D)

+++

A8_Tony 28th March 2009 06:14 AM

Now I could be seriously interested in a set of these :)

Conan_the_Librarian 28th March 2009 06:24 AM

I know you said pick-up Ian but what would shipping be on these as my lad is about to get a flat with 2 mates and I think it would be so cool to have 2 of these on a wooden plinth with a battery or transformer in it for the tv.

IT 28th March 2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 2908)
I've promised myself a recaro sport seat for my bedroom when I've got a bit more dough, is it possible to take the metal runners off the seat? Want to sit them flat on laminate. +++

The runners are perfectly flat, so 'as is' they will sit happily on a laminate floor I would say... Might be worth a touch of carpet under there to stop the rails leaving an impression...

The recaro sport seats (as fitted to A8 sports and S8's) are worth money to us, depending on the condition....

Cream and grey pre facelift seats are worth significantly less to us than black or facelift ones....

If you wanted 'recaros' we can do them between £50 and £300 depending on colour, condition etc...

IT 28th March 2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 2930)
I know you said pick-up Ian but what would shipping be on these as my lad is about to get a flat with 2 mates and I think it would be so cool to have 2 of these on a wooden plinth with a battery or transformer in it for the tv.

Sounds like a good idea to me....

It'll be £50 for a pallet delivery UK mainland, and we can put two front seats on for that....

First come first served on the 'free' non sport ones +++

entwisi 28th March 2009 11:19 AM

any heated rear ones? How easy is it to add the wiring as mine are non heated?