A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   New Suspension Problem. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3136)

A8L Chick 14th June 2011 01:52 PM

New Suspension Problem.

After driving a brief (and I mean really brief) journey to tesco@s last night, I noticed the car was rather "bouncy", I initially put it don to the fact I was driving in "DYNAMIC" not my usual "COMFORT" setting.

Parked up at Tesco, got out and locked her up and then noticed the rear end was literally sat on her arse???? :Confused::Confused::Confused::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Now, as cool as it looked, I was a little confused. I know there are no issues with the compressor, fuses, ECU etc as they are new or tested.

After the car had been left to power down for a few mins, i started her back up and selected "LIFT". Up the rear went, as did the front-just as though nothing had happened. "COMFORT" mode was then selected and she lowered back down to the correct level. Drove her home, locked her up and levels were fine.

This morning I have done the same journey and exactly the same thing has happened. I breifly had an amber only level warning and then the green "too low" warning light on its own. Again after letting her power down and repeating the above processshe's back to normal.

The front does actually look rather high though, but I can't be sure that I am not just panicking.

I will try to plug into VAG-COM later but any ideas/thoughts/past similar problems and solutions would be greatly received. I am waiting on Audi to get back to me on how much the rear level senders are. [GULP]

Bex

A8L Chick 15th June 2011 09:11 AM

Just to update, I ran out of time yesterday to use VCDS so I will be doing it today. I shall update with my findings later on +++

Bex

Conan_the_Librarian 15th June 2011 06:27 PM

Has one of the level sensor broken. The bit between the chassis and suspension?

Snaga 15th June 2011 07:23 PM

Hope you get it sorted Bex!

Glync 15th June 2011 07:32 PM

Hi Bex
After all the compressor stuff I do hope this turns out to be something straightforward ;)
Best of luck sorting it out, have you checked the links and the wires/connections to see if anything is loose?

All the best Glyn
+++

A8L Chick 15th June 2011 11:05 PM

Thanks for all the kind words. It does seem the suspension on my car has had enough lol.

I used VCDS and it threw up the ECU fault code 01780 and the level sensor fault code 00775 (OS Rear level sender), so I have ordered the sender, will be with me Friday.

I shall keep you all updated once I have fitted it.

Bex +++

Conan_the_Librarian 16th June 2011 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8L Chick (Post 23277)
Thanks for all the kind words. It does seem the suspension on my car has had enough lol.

I used VCDS and it threw up the ECU fault code 01780 and the level sensor fault code 00775 (OS Rear level sender), so I have ordered the sender, will be with me Friday.

I shall keep you all updated once I have fitted it.

Bex +++

The Rosstech Wiki only has the 00775 fault here.

A8L Chick 16th June 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 23280)
The Rosstech Wiki only has the 00775 fault here.

Apparently it will throw up the ECU error code as default. So I am ignoring it for now. At £579.70 for a new ECU I think I'd rather spend £107.67 for a new sender :ROFL:

Bex

Snaga 4th July 2011 06:49 AM

All sorted now Bex?

tonupkid 4th July 2011 09:37 PM

Sorry to hear that your suspension is playing up... or down Bex.

Have you had any joy with the sender unit?