A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   No Indicators at all from the stalk? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14586)

RS6 10th November 2018 06:27 PM

No Indicators at all from the stalk?

Hi guys tonight just filled up with petrol went to use the indicators nothing!

really helpul in the dark, checked with the hazard button indicators all work fine all round the car no bulb issues

Where do i look to find the problem?

Is it a fuse somewhere?

steamship 10th November 2018 07:35 PM

Assuming that everything else is working in the car (instrument illumination, front cigarette lighter, glove compartment, rear ashtrays, air conditioner controls, telephone, license plate lights and tail lights in rear lid, fog light relay), then the likely culprit is the hazard warning switch itself. Apparently it has two circuits in it, one for the hazards and one for the indicators. If however, the items in brackets above don't work either, then it's a 10 amp fuse, third from left in the red bank of fuses.

RS6 10th November 2018 07:59 PM

steamship thankyou!! for your quick reply everything you stated in brackets is working perfectly so im leaning towards the hazard switch itself? the carpets are a bit wet on the passenger side not much more i can do tonight though still raining!

Is the switch still available from Audi parts does anyone know or shall i look up A8 parts for their help this is the part number -4D0941509D :Confused: also checked on ebay would this part be fitted to lots of audi's around this time any help be great people!

MikkiJayne 10th November 2018 08:08 PM

D2 only so unlikely to be available still. I'd just call A8parts on Monday - I expect they have a box of them +++

RS6 10th November 2018 08:09 PM

MikkiJayne just bought one from a8 parts on ebay +++ hopefully get me working again not new but fingers crossed will work!

HPsauce 11th November 2018 01:38 AM

Pretty sure I have the guts of a hazard switch available here too.
Ah, is this PF or FL: very different!

RS6 11th November 2018 06:34 PM

ordered a FL one +++

vagdream 11th November 2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 146197)

really helpul in the dark, checked with the hazard button indicators all work fine all round the car no bulb issues

Where do i look to find the problem?

Is it a fuse somewhere?

Had a similar failure on my S8 earlier this year on the way to the MOT station! Fixed with a new relay.

tonupkid 11th November 2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 146197)

Check the badge. Perhaps you've got into a BMW in error

briang9 11th November 2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagdream (Post 146222)
Had a similar failure on my S8 earlier this year on the way to the MOT station! Fixed with a new relay.

Maybe the water ingress has damaged the relay?