A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Motormouth (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My New Ducati SuperSport S 939 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15240)

aTOMic 27th September 2019 08:43 PM

My New Ducati SuperSport S 939

3 Attachment(s)
I hope that "motoring" includes motorcycles. Just got one, and it's pretty wonderful.
The SuperSport & SSS come in red (of course), silk white, and "Titanium". First I fell in love with the white - it's so unusual; but then seeing them in person... There's nothing quite like a red Ducati.

MikkiJayne 27th September 2019 09:38 PM

Very nice +++

vagdream 28th September 2019 07:20 AM

Very impressive, and it is a member of the Volkswagen Audi Group after all!!

moltuae 28th September 2019 08:21 AM

Very cool +++

But why is there a Reliant Robin (aka plastic pig) in the background in the last photo!? :eek:

gninnam 28th September 2019 10:32 AM

Nice one+++
Was planning to go back into biking this year but need to finish and sell my VW camper van first and the end of the the year is too close so probably next year:(

How is it for comfort?

aTOMic 29th September 2019 05:08 PM

Thanks for the compliments...

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 152838)
...But why is there a Reliant Robin (aka plastic pig) in the background in the last photo!? :eek:

I "work" at a car museum here in Nashville, Lane Motor Museum, so I get "preferred parking". If anyone reading this ever comes to the colonies, it's really worth a visit. Largest collection of Tatras in the US, maybe the world!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gninnam (Post 152840)
...How is it for comfort?

It's no "gOLD Wing", but it's quite ride-able. I'm 56 and I've ridden 2+ hour stretches with no ill effects; it only has a 4.2 gallon/ 16L tank, and gets about 45 MPG, so you have to stop for fuel often enough that you get a break... I have 1cm handlebar risers which came on the bike (got it slightly used) which probably help a little. If I had to complain, I'd say the under-seat exhaust makes the seat get kind of hot in traffic here in the South, which would be nice if you were riding in colder weather (it has heated grips too). In jeans, you feel it, but in proper gear it's not an issue. I'm completely happy with it. It has ABS and traction control which is nice. It has switchable "modes", "Urban" reduces power to 75HP and sets ABS & TC to max, for instance. Otherwise it has 102 HP & 73 lb/ft torque, which could get interesting if not well-controlled... which is one thing I worried about when I returned to riding after 35 years! So far, no "Oh S**t" moments. :D

moltuae 30th September 2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTOMic (Post 152859)
I "work" at a car museum here in Nashville, Lane Motor Museum, so I get "preferred parking". If anyone reading this ever comes to the colonies, it's really worth a visit. Largest collection of Tatras in the US, maybe the world!

Nice! +++

Looks like you have a pretty extensive Citroen collection there too; would love to see those. I have quite a soft spot for big old Citroens, having owned 2 BXs, 2 XMs and and an Activa. I see you have a beautiful old DS and (my personal favourite old Citroen) the wonderfully unique and extremely rare Maserati-powered Citroen SM :)

Conquistador 4th October 2019 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very nice! Red is best for a Ducati +++ Sold my S8 a few months ago and switched back to two wheels as my main form of transport. Really got my eyes on a Multistrada at the moment to do some cross-countrying.