A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   VCDS (aka Vagcom) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   vag com woes. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6247)

Paul r 4th April 2013 03:13 PM

vag com woes.

Hi,

I bought a hex com USB cable and software off of amazon to lower my suspension. It all worked fine and I dropped it 15mm front and 10mm rear.

I wanted to do the adaption a couple of times to get it perfect, but on the third adaption it all went to pot.

On the third channel 'error security access required' came up in the boxes at the top of VCDS. And now it just does it all the time.....so my car is in limp mode.

I did some research and worked out that I have a cloned cable? Has the cable somehow been disabled by the software?

IM a bit stuck now as I can't calibrate the suspension. Is there anyway to get it back to how it was so I can at least drive it?

Really annoying that people can sell fake stuff to unsuspecting punters like myself.

Thanks,

Paul.

Dezzy 4th April 2013 03:22 PM

Firstly hi Paul, and lets see some pic's we all like pics. Put a hello over in the intros and get a warm welcome.

Secondly the way i see it is you have bought the cable from Amazon, get on to them for a refund.

And i'm sorry but can't help with the issue, someone more clever will be along soon. Where are you, is there someone in your area with Vagcom that can help you out?

Paul r 4th April 2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 55550)
Firstly hi Paul, and lets see some pic's we all like pics. Put a hello over in the intros and get a warm welcome.

Secondly the way i see it is you have bought the cable from Amazon, get on to them for a refund.

And i'm sorry but can't help with the issue, someone more clever will be along soon. Where are you, is there someone in your area with Vagcom that can help you out?

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. Ill put up another thread and some pics later.

I'm not too worried about the money, I just want my car back to normal and I wont be able to order another cable in time for the weekend. I need the car on Saturday :-(

If any members could help me out, it would be much appreciated. I live in Cheshire.

Paul.

ainarssems 4th April 2013 03:53 PM

The cable from amazon will most likely be clone. I will be fine to use with VCDS Lite. If you use it with full version of software it silently connects to Rosstech servers for updates when connected to internet and may brick your cable.

If you can still connect then your cable is most likely still OK.

For security access use code 31564 before adaption.

Quote:

Really annoying that people can sell fake stuff to unsuspecting punters like myself.
You can't expect to get original £250 cable for £8 on Amazon, you get what you pay for.

Paul r 4th April 2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 55553)
The cable from amazon will most likely be clone. I will be fine to use with VCDS Lite. If you use it with full version of software it silently connects to Rosstech servers for updates when connected to internet and may brick your cable.

If you can still connect then your cable is most likely still OK.

For security access use code 31564 before adaption.

You can't expect to get original £250 cable for £8 on Amazon, you get what you pay for.

To someone new to vag cars, it'd not apparent that only one company sells the proper cables. I only researched it when I started to have issues.

I just don't get how it worked, then suddenly only partially works?

Does anyone on here, close to me, have a proper cable to reset my car?

IT 4th April 2013 04:27 PM

Hi Paul,

The sticky at the top of this thread maintains a list of those with Vagcom cables (and thus those most likely to help)

I'd suggest PM'ing them closest to you and see if a deal can be done for some beer tokens +++

I've popped a shortcut on here for your convenience.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showpost....3&postcount=40

Welcome, BTW... :D

ainarssems 4th April 2013 04:29 PM

Well I can't see how it worked before without security access code before. To do adaption on suspension you need to enter access code first. Or are you saying that you are doing entering access code and it still gives you error?

Paul r 4th April 2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 55556)
Well I can't see how it worked before without security access code before. To do adaption on suspension you need to enter access code first. Or are you saying that you are doing entering access code and it still gives you error?

Yes, I'm entering the access code first. It accepts the first channel, but throws up the error on the second channel...

ainarssems 4th April 2013 04:56 PM

Can you do 1 channel, come out of adaption, enter access code then go back in adaption and do channel 2 then out again, enter access code and do channel 3 and so on?

Paul r 4th April 2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 55559)
Can you do 1 channel, come out of adaption, enter access code then go back in adaption and do channel 2 then out again, enter access code and do channel 3 and so on?

I'm not sure. Will that work? I thought all 5 channels had to be done together?

Ill give it a go.