A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Body and Exterior (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Windscreen wiper/washer (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13424)

lackovicj 18th September 2017 04:22 PM

Windscreen wiper/washer

Holly cr*p

Windscreen washer just stopped pumping water, it was just all sudden, no warning nothing it just stopped while driving. :Confused::Confused:
Stopped topped up screenwash and wrrrr srrr aaaand still nothing..:mad::mad:

Arrived home unscrewed the driver's side wheel arch lining removed jetwash pump(the bottom one) took the screen out and it was compleeeetely filled up with gunk. So cleaned that up with hot water and old toothbrush. Put everything back in and tried pumping water and ++++++ water started flowing that strong it almost cracked my windscreen :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I wanted to just say if anybody has problem with windscreen or headlight washers to try cleaning the tiny mesh first.

H-M3 18th September 2017 11:11 PM

you should always take pictures for us numptys.+++

Audidothat 19th September 2017 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackovicj (Post 132714)
Holly cr*p

Windscreen washer just stopped pumping water, it was just all sudden, no warning nothing it just stopped while driving. :Confused::Confused:
Stopped topped up screenwash and wrrrr srrr aaaand still nothing..:mad::mad:

Arrived home unscrewed the driver's side wheel arch lining removed jetwash pump(the bottom one) took the screen out and it was compleeeetely filled up with gunk. So cleaned that up with hot water and old toothbrush. Put everything back in and tried pumping water and ++++++ water started flowing that strong it almost cracked my windscreen :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I wanted to just say if anybody has problem with windscreen or headlight washers to try cleaning the tiny mesh first.

+1 on this post, after cleaning the little plastic mesh I have never had cleaner windows!
On a related note, Mr Muscle kitchen de-greaser spray is an absolute revelation regarding keeping the outside of the windscreen clear! Spray on, rub in, rinse off.

lackovicj 19th September 2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audidothat (Post 132727)
+1 on this post, after cleaning the little plastic mesh I have never had cleaner windows!
On a related note, Mr Muscle kitchen de-greaser spray is an absolute revelation regarding keeping the outside of the windscreen clear! Spray on, rub in, rinse off.

MR Muscle :ROFL: he is a strong guy :ROFL: ... I will try it next time.. I poured tequila glass shot of oven cleaner into the windsreen washer tank while ago maybe that loosen all the dirt in the tank and clocked the mesh...
Using household product are more powerfull than screenwash but sometimes i wonder how the stronger substance affect the wiper blades rubber.

Audidothat 19th September 2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackovicj (Post 132729)
sometimes i wonder how the stronger substance affect the wiper blades rubber.

I agree and so only leave the product on for 30 secs and then make sure I fully rinse and wipe both the windscreen and the wiperblades.

Dettol works as a great water bottle additive, especially if the water and/or bottle are beginning to smell musty.

jamoca 19th September 2017 11:14 AM

Just curious, can you remove the liner without removing the wheel, e.g. wheel on full lock and in lift mode?

Would save a load of bother given I don't have a driveway! :)

lackovicj 19th September 2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamoca (Post 132737)
Just curious, can you remove the liner without removing the wheel, e.g. wheel on full lock and in lift mode?

Would save a load of bother given I don't have a driveway! :)

Yes..thats exactly what i did..full lock, remove 3 bolts and just bend the liner out of the way..

Dezzy 19th September 2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackovicj (Post 132729)
MR Muscle :ROFL: he is a strong guy :ROFL: ... I will try it next time.. I poured tequila glass shot of oven cleaner into the windsreen washer tank while ago maybe that loosen all the dirt in the tank and clocked the mesh...
Using household product are more powerfull than screenwash but sometimes i wonder how the stronger substance affect the wiper blades rubber.

:eek: don't get that stuff on your paint, who knows what it does.

jamoca 20th September 2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackovicj (Post 132739)
Yes..thats exactly what i did..full lock, remove 3 bolts and just bend the liner out of the way..

Awesome. Cheers. +++