A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   London Classics Meet Sunday 18th? (and free tickets...!! ) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13795)

tintin 31st January 2018 08:36 PM

London Classics Meet Sunday 18th? (and free tickets...!! )

As some of you will be aware, this rather nice little car show http://www.thelondonclassiccarshow.co.uk is happening in a couple of weeks at the Excel centre at Royal Victoria Dock in London.

It's running from Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th, and Neil's planning on going, as am I, as my S8 will be on this stand +++ ) : http://www.thelondonclassiccarshow.c.../getaway-cars/

I have a number of complimentary day tickets for this - at least half a dozen - so Neil and I thought we should check if anyone is interested in joining us to make it a bit of a mini-meet?

One idea would be to meet at the Ace Cafe, as Neil and I will be in West London on Sunday morning, and then moseying on over together in convoy to the show.

Anyone interested?

HPsauce 31st January 2018 08:57 PM

Well done Stephen, I was also asked about availability of my (Ronin green ish) S8 for that stand, but your car is much smarter. +++
Very interested in a ticket if you have a spare. :D

tintin 1st February 2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137257)
Well done Stephen, I was also asked about availability of my (Ronin green ish) S8 for that stand, but your car is much smarter. +++
Very interested in a ticket if you have a spare. :D

Not at this moment mine ain't - needs a bit of a spit and polish before then - and one's reserved for you Andrew +++. More available ;)

jza8 1st February 2018 11:29 PM

I wouldn't mind joining, if you'll have a D4 in the convoy :ROFL:

Architex_mA8tey 2nd February 2018 12:52 AM

Of course! Be great to see you and the car
- added to the list +++

1. TinTin
2. Architex_mA8tey
3. HPsauce
4. jza8

HPsauce 2nd February 2018 09:27 AM

I just checked the Ace Café diary and there's a "Car Girl Culture Club" meet from 11am to 4pm!
https://www.cargirlculture.club/ Do we want to avoid that or not........... :Confused:

Architex_mA8tey 2nd February 2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137304)
I just checked the Ace Café diary and there's a "Car Girl Culture Club" meet from 11am to 4pm!
https://www.cargirlculture.club/ Do we want to avoid that or not........... :Confused:

:hammer: Currently investigating a couple of other options . . . +++

tintin 2nd February 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137304)

Yes...
but no...
but yes...
but no....

I know some very cool car girls, so it kinda depends really ;)...

Architex_mA8tey 2nd February 2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 137311)
Yes...
but no...
but yes...
but no....

I know some very cool car girls, so it kinda depends really ;)...

You wont be able to park anywhere near when they have events on they get hugely busy, Ive got a couple of possibilities already one of which is much closer to excel :D

HPsauce 2nd February 2018 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 137313)
I've got a couple of possibilities already one of which is much closer to Excel :D

The Excel web site is warning that there's a bike show on as well and that parking will be very limited.
Maybe somewhere we can meet and park then get DLR or Uber to the show?

Turbo Tony 3rd February 2018 08:39 AM

I'm really interested in going, but I can't make the Sunday. I'm waiting to hear from a friend, otherwise I might make my own way there on Saturday. Can't wait to see your car!

Architex_mA8tey 5th February 2018 11:24 PM

Come on you lot! Are any more of you coming along to this meet, it would help hugely to know numbers as we are planning to meet at a nearby venue to excel now in east London and need to know how many cars we need spaces for and how many sitting at the tables for food or drink :Confused:

A couple of weeks ago we had a big list of people all expressing an interest in coming to a SE meet and now we are trying to organise one. . . . .

Do I really have to start PM-Ing everyone near London again?? :hammer:

H-M3 5th February 2018 11:52 PM

Please put my name down provisionally, if i can't go to the show hopefully i can meet the 8 crew.+++ Its school half term that week so becomes bit tricky.
Where is Marcin, Neeldub and all the other londoners?:Confused:

Audidothat 6th February 2018 06:05 AM

Would have loved to have gone but I am away with work.

HPsauce 6th February 2018 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 137393)
we are planning to meet at a nearby venue to excel now in east London and need to know how many cars we need spaces for and how many sitting at the tables for food or drink

Hi Neil, any clues yet as to where and what time you are thinking of meeting up?
As I mentioned in a PM to Tintin, my elder son is also going (with a friend who has tickets) so we may combine it with taking SWMBO to his place in Shoreditch and park there, travelling on by Uber, bus or DLR.

Depending on how all that works out (he's visiting us later today and we will discuss) there may be two of us (or none!) at the "nearby venue".

But I will almost certainly be at the show, one way or another! Though I haven't yet found the Sunday opening hours. :Confused:

barzya8 6th February 2018 10:31 AM

Sorry Neil
I will not be in the Country at that time
David :(

tintin 6th February 2018 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137405)
Hi Neil, any clues yet as to where and what time you are thinking of meeting up?
As I mentioned in a PM to Tintin, my elder son is also going (with a friend who has tickets) so we may combine it with taking SWMBO to his place in Shoreditch and park there, travelling on by Uber, bus or DLR.

Depending on how all that works out (he's visiting us later today and we will discuss) there may be two of us (or none!) at the "nearby venue".

But I will almost certainly be at the show, one way or another! Though I haven't yet found the Sunday opening hours. :Confused:

Hi Andrew - opening times are here: http://www.thelondonclassiccarshow.co.uk/buy-tickets/
and are 10am till 5pm on Sunday. What works for you in terms of timing? - if you give us an idea of that, then we'll see if we can work around that.

HPsauce 6th February 2018 05:47 PM

Stephen, it looks like we will "probably" stay in Shoreditch on Saturday night and my son will come along with me on Sunday (not his mates!) so timing will be fine for a breakfast meet as he is a very early riser!

But, just to cover the bases, any chance you could post me 2 tickets? I'll PM you. +++

HPsauce 11th February 2018 06:10 PM

Hi Neil and Stephen, any update on your thoughts for meeting up next Sunday?

My #2 son is also interested in coming along, though as a BMW driver (M135i) he knows he may be a bit of a pariah in our company. :ROFL:
He lives out East on the Central Line so will probably go via Stratford on the tube and DLR.

Architex_mA8tey 12th February 2018 08:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all

Right well I'll tell you what I'm planning and as we've had little feedback then what the rest of you decide to do is up to you!

I'm planning to go and get Brekkie nearby to Excel at -

09:00am SUNDAY 18th FEB
at
Fat Boy's Diner
Trinity Buoy Wharf, 64 Orchard Place, E14 0JW London, United Kingdom

http://www.trinitybuoywharf.com/about/eat-and-drink

Fat Boys has re-opened with new management and a brand new menu (attached).
The 1950's classic-American diner is based in Trinity Buoy Wharf, where Container City and London's only Lighthouse can be found. Alongside this, the diner has a picturesque views of the Thames and is a stones throw away from the Millennium Dome and the Emirates Skyline. The menu includes all the diner 'classics' - hand-cut fries, onion rings, milkshakes, pancakes, mac & cheese and of course a huge range of burgers, a particular favourite being 'The Original Fat Boy'. Fat Boys is open everyday from 9am until 7pm.

So if anyone wants to meet there and get their tickets to go in I have a few spare complimentary tickets still and we can have some breakfast then cruise around to excel, park up and go in to see the show. I'll book one table but let me know if youre coming as we might need more tables - parking is right by the diner on the wharf (might make some nice pictures)

I have already booked my car parking space at Excel which is £20 a day for the whole day to book online and you simply print out the ticket and display it on your windscreen

to book your parking go to - https://www.excel.london/parking

See any of you there that want to come along +++

HPsauce 12th February 2018 05:04 PM

I'll be at the Fat Boy's Diner around 9am, plus 1 - #1 son. +++
As noted above I'll be staying at his place in Shoreditch on Saturday night, so we're unlikely to drive.
(Uber if it's wet, tube and walk if dry)

Might also have #2 son in tow, but probably won't know that until the last minute. :rolleyes:

Architex_mA8tey 12th February 2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137735)
I'll be at the Fat Boy's Diner around 9am, plus 1 - #1 son. +++
As noted above I'll be staying at his place in Shoreditch on Saturday night, so we're unlikely to drive.
(Uber if it's wet, tube and walk if dry)

Might also have #2 son in tow, but probably won't know that until the last minute. :rolleyes:

Ok Andrew that's great - see you there - remind me I'll have an A8 DE calendar for you

HPsauce 13th February 2018 10:40 AM

Confirmation, I will have both #1 and #2 sons in tow, so at least 4 of us for a Fat Boys brekkie. :ROFL:

Anyone else joining in?

tintin 13th February 2018 11:39 AM

In absentia...

Grrr...more than a bit gutted that I won't be there. Have fun guys, please pop by and say hello to Herman for me :-(

jza8 17th February 2018 02:47 PM

I'll join you at Fat Boys around 9am +++

Architex_mA8tey 17th February 2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jza8 (Post 137938)
I'll join you at Fat Boys around 9am +++

Great! +++
Any more for any more??

HPsauce 18th February 2018 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good venue Fat Boy's, well chosen Neil. Eight of us made it there in total and at least 6 of those got into the show.
And the views were as big as the breakfasts!
+++

tintin 18th February 2018 05:11 PM

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

HPsauce 18th February 2018 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It happened all right!
Found a nice Audi.......... (which according to DVLA has the numberplate from a 1979 Datsun Sunny last seen in 2002!)

briang9 18th February 2018 05:46 PM

Was there not some dog eared black Audi there with too much chrome and a wide boy interior....:ROFL:

HPsauce 18th February 2018 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I saw something menacing with insults scrawled in garlic on it (or was it gaelic...)?
But it was locked up behind bars.

HPsauce 18th February 2018 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the full selection, though oddly not all were there......

tintin 18th February 2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137975)

I think I can probably guess why that was...;)

Architex_mA8tey 18th February 2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137975)

They certainly were all there. . . . So that rules out Andrew from working for the police from an accurate observation point of view :rolleyes:
Photographic evidence will be supplied tomorrow to prove my assertion m'lud

tintin 19th February 2018 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 137982)
They certainly were all there. . . . So that rules out Andrew from working for the police from an accurate observation point of view :rolleyes:
Photographic evidence will be supplied tomorrow to prove my assertion m'lud

Good, I'm glad to hear it - sounds like the organisers pulled their fingers out just in time then, and I'm looking forward seeing the evidence :ROFL: As well as getting Herman delivered back home safely :(

HPsauce 19th February 2018 07:51 AM

Ah, I thought the "newspaper" giving the background to each said that one was away being restored or rebuilt?

tintin 19th February 2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 137984)
Ah, I thought the "newspaper" giving the background to each said that one was away being restored or rebuilt?

That might have been the Subaru, which had just had a full rebuild, and I'm not sure was fully finished - the organisers were told very clearly not to drive it at anything more than a crawl from the transporter to the stand...:rolleyes:

Architex_mA8tey 19th February 2018 11:36 AM

20 Attachment(s)
The question was - were they all there or not, to which the answer was . . . yes! I present m'lud my evidence . . .
Here is the "complete set" as appeared on the limited edition prints -

HPsauce 19th February 2018 11:38 AM

Excellent photos Neil. +++
(Can't think now where I got the idea there was at least one missing... :o )

Architex_mA8tey 19th February 2018 11:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The blaggers even had a newspaper with all of their rides in geezer. . . .