A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Annual Meet - West Country Convoy (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14136)

Conan_the_Librarian 11th May 2018 05:36 PM

Annual Meet - West Country Convoy

I will be setting out from Exeter area about 10am on the Friday with MJ driving point.
Route is A38, M5, M42, A42, M1 and as required to reach venue.
Plan is to meet up with Neil about 1pm for a pub lunch somewhere on the A42.
If anyone wants to joins us they would be very welcome. Nothing like a line of A8s to get people thinking wtf?
+++
CtL

HPsauce 11th May 2018 05:47 PM

Hmm, might join in as our preferred "comfort" route from Bucks isn't the obvious (and slightly shorter) M25/M1 but actually M40/M42 etc.

Conan_the_Librarian 11th May 2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 141342)
Hmm, might join in as our preferred "comfort" route from Bucks isn't the obvious (and slightly shorter) M25/M1 but actually M40/M42 etc.

+++

pete-p 11th May 2018 08:12 PM

I may try and join you if possible. We'll likely be making different stops though on account of my boy needing extra breaks, so probably stop before leaving the M5 and then again somewhere on the M1.

I could either try and join the convoy after your lunch but then break off for my stop, or join after my stop on the M1 and convoy to the hotel?

Conan_the_Librarian 12th May 2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 141353)
I may try and join you if possible. We'll likely be making different stops though on account of my boy needing extra breaks, so probably stop before leaving the M5 and then again somewhere on the M1.

I could either try and join the convoy after your lunch but then break off for my stop, or join after my stop on the M1 and convoy to the hotel?

+++

I'll PM my mobile.

Regulus 12th May 2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 141341)
... A42, M1 and as required to reach venue.
Plan is to meet up with Neil about 1pm for a pub lunch somewhere on the A42.
If anyone wants to joins us they would be very welcome. Nothing like a line of A8s to get people thinking wtf?
+++
CtL

I would like to join in as well. It will be a welcome change on my trip :)

MikkiJayne 12th May 2018 01:16 PM

Where are you arriving in the UK?

pete-p 12th May 2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 141359)
+++

I'll PM my mobile.

Thanks Mike.

Spanker 13th May 2018 10:30 PM

I'd like to join you too, please.

Regulus 13th May 2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 141392)
Where are you arriving in the UK?

It looks to me that I have to cross with the eurotunnel.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate some advice :)
I have never been to the UK. So I would like to visit interesting places, while I have the opportunity.

Large cities doesn't really interest me. But I would like to visit smaller communities where one can have a chat with the locals. And to visit historical places.
I will probably arrive in the UK several days before the Annual meet, and also stay the following week.

I plan to move around as it suits me. And I will not have a set plan, or schedule. Besides the Annual meet, of course.

Going by intuition usually suits me pretty well.