A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Suspension Change/ ABS & Traction light (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14370)

Dog_s8 6th August 2018 12:27 PM

Suspension Change/ ABS & Traction light

Hi Guys,

This is my first post and unfortunately its asking for help.

Firstly i've had a look at the pinned post and cant find what i'm looking for.

I've done quite a few suspension changes in the past but wanted to know if there is a guide to doing the front and rear D2 S8 suspension on here?

Also, lately when i get in the car i notice my ABS and Traction light are on and as i reverse off my driveway, i feel a slight crunch in the break peddle and the lights turn off. I did a disk and pad change around 6 months ago so i cant see how that would be connected.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks,
D

MikkiJayne 6th August 2018 01:11 PM

Sounds like a sensor error. You need to scan the ABS unit and see what codes it is showing. Do you have VCDS? If not, have a look in the VCDS thread - there may be someone nearby who can help.

I'm not sure there's a how-to on suspension, but if you have a read of this thread I cover doing the rear lower bushes. Most of the time it is just the lower bushes and tie rod which need doing at the back. The upper arm tends to last much longer.

Interesting car history. The D2 is the only car which makes a Corrado seem simple and reliable :ROFL: It'd be cool if you posted an introduction thread with some pictures +++

Dog_s8 6th August 2018 01:34 PM

Thanks Mikki,

I'm at work at the moment just killing my Monday afternoon off until i can go home.

I was asking about the suspension change because I've owned my S8 for around 3 years now and all I've done to it was fit some Final Edition wheels and bluetooth.

All of my cars have been modified (including the Corrado) and it might be looked down upon but i think it's time to start modifying the S8 now.

When i get a chance, i'll get around to doing an intro thread. It would be fun to dig up some pictures of my old cars just to share them again..

D

MikkiJayne 6th August 2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog_s8 (Post 144166)
All of my cars have been modified (including the Corrado) and it might be looked down upon but i think it's time to start modifying the S8 now.

We're probably 50/50 split between purists and OEM+, and at least one member with psychedelic wrap, 'baller rimz' and air ride :ROFL: If you love your 8 that's all that matters +++

I have a couple of 'hibernating' Corrado 16Vs out the back of the workshop. One day I might put a V8 in one of them :rolleyes:

Dog_s8 6th August 2018 04:06 PM

I can't lie, the thought of a rwd charged vr6 Corrado crossed my mind more than I'd like to admit.

RICKY D 6th August 2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 144167)
We're probably 50/50 split between purists and OEM+, and at least one member with psychedelic wrap, 'baller rimz' and air ride :ROFL:

My first two 8’s were left completely standard but my current one not so much :D

Do I qualify for ‘baller rimz’? :ROFL:

Dog_s8 6th August 2018 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKY D (Post 144186)
My first two 8’s were left completely standard but my current one not so much :D

Do I qualify for ‘baller rimz’? :ROFL:

Anything 20inch and higher is definitely baller