A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Owners club? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19)

Ska 21st January 2009 06:13 PM

Owners club?

Just a thought... with this new forum specific to A8/S8's would it be viable to set up an owners club, think of the benefits! What's involved in persuing this I wonder?

A8 Owner 21st January 2009 06:53 PM

if it ever happens and it has a meet/show i can offer venue for the A8's
bar (cheap)
restraunt
function room
toilet blocks (clean)
showers (clean)
basic room hire LTD
caravan hire
Big BBQ area
lots of space for camping and showing
and leaving the best till last a TAP to wash them

Conan_the_Librarian 21st January 2009 07:31 PM

That is top banana as long as you fairly central and not in the Orkneys! :ROFL:

Mike

Conan_the_Librarian 21st January 2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ska (Post 23)
Just a thought... with this new forum specific to A8/S8's would it be viable to set up an owners club, think of the benefits! What's involved in persuing this I wonder?

Get's my vote.

Mike

billblank 21st January 2009 07:45 PM

Nice idea, but could it avoid turning into that Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse sketch? "My ones bigger than yours", "no I'll believe you'll find mine of significantly greater girth". It's why I've not gone to a TSN meet, big watches frighten me. :)

Bill

Ska 21st January 2009 07:50 PM

I'll just have to bring my Grandfather clock to make up for the two cylinders then:ROFL:

A8 Owner 22nd January 2009 11:17 AM

"Nice idea, but could it avoid turning into that Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse sketch? "My ones bigger than yours", "no I'll believe you'll find mine of significantly greater girth". It's why I've not gone to a TSN meet, big watches frighten me.

Bill "

Know what you mean but ide say if there was a Owners Club think A8_Tony would have somthink to do with it if not be the one running it. As he has done so well with what he has put together already for the A8 Owners+++

Plus on his Posts it says
"Coming soon.........The A8 Owners Club "

ATT SKA
and as for where yes its centre for all M1 Nr Lutterworth

IT 22nd January 2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billblank (Post 42)
Nice idea, but could it avoid turning into that Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse sketch? "My ones bigger than yours", "no I'll believe you'll find mine of significantly greater girth". It's why I've not gone to a TSN meet, big watches frighten me. :)

Bill

I think in fairness they are far different from that. With family, other commitments and last minute emergencies, the attendance has never been just reward for all the effort Tony has put in, so believe me we're dead chuffed and welcoming with every single owner that turns up....

There is just as much credit to be given for keeping a car in nice origina condition, as there is for modding it to the max. It matters not what the current state of the car is, just the fact that you share a common interest with us all......

I'm hoping we'll be able to build a stronger community through this board, and in turn perhaps get a bigger, and more rewarding turnout for Tonys annual meet this year.

Geography has always seemed to be the limiting factor. Given that none of us can muster more than about 30mpg, distance can be a cost in both time and funds that people can't spare. Getting the meeting in right place to make it accessible to the most people *that will actually turn up* will be key.....

Im sure Tony will appear at some point and maybe we can put a plan together... +++

Conan_the_Librarian 22nd January 2009 07:31 PM

As always I look forward to it. No big watches at our meets.:tuttut: Just lots of talking b@ll@x, showing off our cars and admiring the others with equal gusto and having a good day out.

To us LPG connoisseurs distance is half the problem! :ROFL:

Mike

Botang 23rd January 2009 11:27 AM

An A8 owners club Sounds good to me, I tried Club Audi but it wasnt my cup of tea, there are some real oddballs in that club. I'm not sure what Tony thinks but I would suspect he would be happy to have the new forum as a home for it.

The main thing that comes accross to me when meeting up is the real genuine interest with what everyone has done. I don't think I could call any of the A8 guys a geek at all. Sure some people like gadgets, some people like cleaning and cleaning and cleaning, others like OEM, some like retrofit, some like bling and noisy exhausts. Somehow its diverse enough to keep it interesting.