A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A8 / S8 Generic Posts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Wow the D5 makes the D2 look tiny (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16106)

Audifan 31st January 2021 07:22 PM

Wow the D5 makes the D2 look tiny

I came across this video

S81 31st January 2021 09:02 PM

That a very fine looking d2 ,looks almost new

The_Laird 31st January 2021 09:19 PM

The D2 still does it for me! What a timeless classic, whereas the D5, with a different badge and grille, could be anything (apologies to D5 owners) from the eurostable of design.

tintin 31st January 2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 162656)
The D2 still does it for me! What a timeless classic, whereas the D5, with a different badge and grille, could be anything (apologies to D5 owners) from the eurostable of design.

Me too. I wouldn't swap, but that'd probably just me - though I wish they'd fixed the boot panel gap, the ABS warning light and the dodgy door card leather on the D2 before filming :( . A classic design that never ages, in my book anyway.

HPsauce 31st January 2021 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 162659)
I wish they'd fixed the boot panel gap

The dodgy shut lines were the first thing I noticed. :tuttut:

David's8 1st February 2021 09:49 AM

One thing that the D5 cannot be accused of is understatement. Its big and aggressive looking but as The Laird says, its a bit of a Euro-design - with a VERY large grill. I do quite like it though.

Its a shame the film makers didnt get the D2 to The Doctors first! The engine bay was filthy and a disgrace to D2 owners :ROFL: Also the left side headlight washer jet cover was not seated properly.

steamship 1st February 2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 162659)
though I wish they'd fixed the boot panel gap, the ABS warning light and the dodgy door card leather on the D2 before filming

And the skewwhiff rear S8 badge. At least three of the door cards have gone saggy. Aren't those warning lights for 'bulb out' and 'parking brake on'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 162666)
with a VERY large grill.

Read somewhere that the ever expanding grilles and front logos have been influenced from the Chinese market.

tintin 1st February 2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 162673)
Aren't those warning lights for 'bulb out' and 'parking brake on'?

Quite possibly Sean - I just defaulted to ABS 'cos that's what I normally get on mine :ROFL:

steamship 1st February 2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 162677)
Quite possibly Sean - I just defaulted to ABS 'cos that's what I normally get on mine :ROFL:

:ROFL: Nice one. Really appreciated that comment.

Ameiseuk 1st February 2021 07:50 PM

...it does have the drop/fold down rear headrests though :love: