A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Not a meet as such.... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1122)

A8_Tony 8th August 2009 09:36 AM

Not a meet as such....

But Ben @ AVP is holding an open day at his premises on 30th August, and he's asked if anyone from the A8OC would like to attend.

With the support Ben has offered to the club I will personally be making a serious effort to attend, and would hope that others will too.

He'll be offering brief healthchecks on the day, and a show and shine too where the winner will win a free service (I so need to win that :) )

gninnam 8th August 2009 02:29 PM

Would love to have gone to this, but on hols:(

CliveH 8th August 2009 08:05 PM

Yes please!

have been meaning to pop in there anyway... +++

and as for the show and shine, there could be some stiff competition - I'll post a new thread on the day's work...

Just_Ben 8th August 2009 08:17 PM

Be good to see anyone who's willing to come. My actual unit's not very big but what goes on inside is, I hope, good! Should be a good day given the people that seem to be coming!

Singh 21st August 2009 11:23 AM

What time is this? i'm working at 4:30pm.

CliveH 21st August 2009 08:59 PM

Who else is going?

A8Tony?
Singh?
CliveH

E.L.M.O 22nd August 2009 12:13 AM

At this address I take it?

AVPerformance
Unit 4
Anderstaff Ind. Estate
Hawkins Lane
Burton upon Trent
Staffs.
DE14 1QH

I want to come along but its over 2 hours from me. How much would you charge for the health checks? I got an oil leak i would really appreciate having someone take a look at.

I might stay at a mates in Birmingham sat and sun night. I could book some work client meetings for Monday and charge my company 40p a mile for the fuel up......

Would anyone else from London or kent/east sussex be heading up?

Neil

Conan_the_Librarian 22nd August 2009 05:56 AM

A8Tony?
Singh?
CliveH
Conan (tL)

Address is correct. 4 hours each way for me but will be there to support Ben. Should be some nice machinery there to I hope.

Architex_mA8tey 22nd August 2009 08:31 AM

I would have loved to have made the journey but mission control she say nooooo (we have something to go to in the evening in london and she doesnt think i'll get back in time lol) Sorry Ben would have been great to see things up there :(

Conan_the_Librarian 22nd August 2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 6857)
I would have loved to have made the journey but mission control she say nooooo (we have something to go to in the evening in london and she doesnt think i'll get back in time lol) Sorry Ben would have been great to see things up there :(

It's only 2 hours or so for you Neil! Tell the long haired admiral your just nipping out for a paper or something.......:ROFL: