A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Generic car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   Wanted Pirelli SottoZero II 245/45/R18 NOT Runflat (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13648)

HPsauce 30th November 2017 12:37 PM

Wanted Pirelli SottoZero II 245/45/R18 NOT Runflat

Long shot I know, but does anyone happen to have a used/part-worn Pirelli SottoZero Winter 240 Serie II lying around, size 245/45R18.

Must NOT be a runflat, which most available are, certainly all those on eBay etc. are RF.

Not desperate, it is for my winter spare, currently off the car being refurbished. So tread level down to 4mm is fine.
(I have a previous version W240 available as the spare tyre with a slightly different tread, but I'd rather it was an exact match to those on the car ;) )

tintin 30th November 2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 135362)
Long shot I know, but does anyone happen to have a used/part-worn Pirelli SottoZero Winter 240 Serie II lying around, size 245/45R18.

Must NOT be a runflat, which most available are, certainly all those on eBay etc. are RF.

Not desperate, it is for my winter spare, currently off the car being refurbished. So tread level down to 4mm is fine.
(I have a previous version W240 available as the spare tyre with a slightly different tread, but I'd rather it was an exact match to those on the car ;) )

Possibly - I'll have a look in my extensive collection in my tyre shop (sorry, garage...). Why does it need to be a Pirelli/Winter, if it's for a spare though?...

HPsauce 30th November 2017 01:58 PM

Thanks, Stephen. I like my spare to match, that's all.
If I do get a puncture I can swap wheels and carry on as normal rather than limp around with one wheel not matching the other 3.

And my spare tyre is really quite old too, so I'd ideally like a newer one of the right tread pattern and compound.

David's8 30th November 2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 135366)
....... Why does it need to be a Pirelli/Winter, if it's for a spare though?...

Do you need to ask why that should be so on this forum!!! :ROFL:

I now feel bad as my spare doesnt match my winter wheels and tyres :-(

...anyone got an 18" Fat five going spare?

tintin 30th November 2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 135369)
Do you need to ask why that should be so on this forum!!! :ROFL:

I now feel bad as my spare doesnt match my winter wheels and tyres :-(

...anyone got an 18" Fat five going spare?

Yup - I'm not worried about my spare matching, as it'd only be a temporary change (partly because, ahem, the spare wheel is rarely in the same mint condition as the main wheels ;) ...).

So - in the unlikely event of needing to use it - it'd only be on for a very short distance. And that way, I don't have to hunt around for a (rare) matching spare. Simples :D