A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A8 / S8 Generic Posts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Am I being unreasonable? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7154)

Singh 5th November 2013 06:37 PM

Am I being unreasonable?

I am having one of my wheel bearings replaced under warranty, the dealer has to physically remove and re-fit one of the discs to replace the wheel bearing, so, I ask them to replace both front discs at the same time, however, they want to charge me the labour to remove and re-fit both. How does that make any sense...?

Also, they're saying that the front pads that were fitted by another Audi dealer only a few hundred miles ago need replacing, I'm perplexed. I don't think I've ever had a straightforward experience with an Audi dealer, I had to leave sharpish so didn't have time to argue it with the service manager, they've put me in an A5 2.0T FSI quattro S-tronic, hateful car, but it does look good and I'm looking forward to trying the launch control.

RanjS8 5th November 2013 11:37 PM

unreasonable????

having a wheel bearing fail under warranty seems really unlucky....and I suppose ur right to ask for brake job for half price.....but I suppose the dealership view is this:::

when changing brake discs they normally recommend both sides to avoid uneven braking....and so probably only charge one round figure for both sides...hence the pri ce they r quoting.

furthermore even though the original pads are relatively new....they would be bedded into the original discs and even though the pads could be reused ....not advised as could lead to poor braking performance....and no dealership would be want to be seen as cutting corners and risking lives.

anyway good luck hope you get work discounted.

Dezzy 6th November 2013 06:32 AM

I'd not be having any of it, it's their poor quality parts that have failed so why should you pay for it, tell him to claim the cost of re-doing the job from the original dealer.

If he becomes an areshole ring A8 parts and see what they got for the 5 and swap it alll over if they're not going to play ball, 2 different colour front seats the lot, take it back and just say it straight to the sevice manager "you take the p**s out of me and i'll take the p**s back.

Audi dealers are shocking, bunch of crooks and they still stand there with that retarded look on their face's as if they are doing you a favour.

David's8 6th November 2013 12:13 PM

:ROFL: Thanks Dezzy!
The dealers never seem to get point that a few simple acts of generosity (such as meeting someone half-way in their expectation) will go SO far. As it is they now have someone (quite understandably) bitching about what poor service they provide for all the world to see. Being generous with a few hours labour (nohing to them) will gain a positive recommend and maybe get some people over their doorstep. There are surely enough people who pay full rate without quibble that they could afford to make some effort to meet the customers' expectations?

rs32 6th November 2013 12:38 PM

go to a different dealer. why do they deserve your business ?

Dezzy 6th November 2013 01:10 PM

I don't even think i was being harsh, at the end of the day the dealer should be licking Amars balls and saying "i'm sure i don't know how this has happened sir, it not usual for our parts to fail like this, especially 2 different parts on the same car. It's by no means an advert to poor quality parts and or poor fitting. Don't worry it'll make it easier for the techniction to remove the disk to do the pads anyway"

Make sure you drive that 5 like you stole it, everywhere. Those tyres should be bold. Top tip, poor a bucket of crabs in the car and boot as they'll find there way into some very small spaces and they'll start stinking like whore's drawers in a couple of days.

Norretal 6th November 2013 01:28 PM

I laughed at your first response this morning Dezzy, this time I spat tea all over the keyboard....:ROFL:

Dezzy 6th November 2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 64078)
:ROFL: Thanks Dezzy!
The dealers never seem to get point that a few simple acts of generosity (such as meeting someone half-way in their expectation) will go SO far. As it is they now have someone (quite understandably) bitching about what poor service they provide for all the world to see. Being generous with a few hours labour (nohing to them) will gain a positive recommend and maybe get some people over their doorstep. There are surely enough people who pay full rate without quibble that they could afford to make some effort to meet the customers' expectations?

He has paid full price for the work to be carried out already (apart from discs) thats my point it's not like he's wondered in for some work to be done, it had to go back for faulty workmanship / parts to be replaced and while they're in there replace the discs, the extra they have got from the rework is the sale of 2 new discs, not try and recoup some of their losses by ripping of a good customer.

It stinks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 64085)
I laughed at your first response this morning Dezzy, this time I spat tea all over the keyboard....:ROFL:

I'm sorry, it wasn't a very keyboard friendy comment, i'm actually a nice guy.

Oli18 6th November 2013 01:58 PM

I also didn't quite spill my tea but did let out a sigh of laughter in a very quiet part of our office!

Brilliant!

Oli

Norretal 6th November 2013 02:01 PM

"..... i'm actually a nice guy"

With anger management issues ;)

No apology required at all, it was hilarious, to me anyway +++