A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Fuel and Exhausts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Broken down (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1874)

Singh 8th June 2010 05:36 PM

Broken down

I finished work early today which meant I avoided rush hour so took a detour and had a blast down some country lanes, tiptronic style. Nearing my house accelerating from 10-25 as I was going uphill the car felt slow, so I put my foot down a little bit to get it moving and it went slower still, engine management light came on then I rolled to a stop on the side of the road. Tried restarting but it wouldn't work! AA guy tried for half an hour before giving up. So the AA are coming out with a flatbed in the next 30 mins to take it to Ben. Only problem is I need a car for work and this is the only car I can currently drive. Tried to hire a car but 19 so now I have to go to all the hassle of arranging alternative travel! I hope I can get it back soon, I personally think its the fuel pump and Ben seems to think the same from describing the symptoms to him over the phone.

So what are the costs for the fuel pump and what's involved in the job?

Thanks

Singh 8th June 2010 07:45 PM

Just left now, en route to Burton on trent... :(

jayzee 9th June 2010 11:09 PM

Sorry to hear about your woes mate; hopefully the fix won't break the bank.

Singh 11th June 2010 03:44 PM

Its not looking good, new fuel pump ain't fixed it. Got a feeling its going to be mega bucks, thats not fair straight after a box rebuild :(
Only reasuring thing is its with Ben, if it was with anyone else I would be as worried as hell. If anyone can fix it, its him! And thanks mate for seing my car at such short notice even though your mega busy +++

B@fink 11th June 2010 04:52 PM

crank sensor perhaps? sounds a bit like a lost sensor input....that'd prevent fuel delivery, ecu wouldn't know the engine was on. That'd be not mega bucks.......fingers crossed for you!

Singh 11th June 2010 06:35 PM

Thanks for your reply B@fink +++ but It isn't looking good at all. This looks like it could be the end of D2 ownership for me.:(

B@fink 11th June 2010 07:16 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Singh 12th June 2010 02:19 PM

Went around to look at some new cars today, tried the new Astra and its okay but then I tried the new Polo and really liked it. So I'm now going to see what kind of deal I can get on a 1.2 Moda (good spec) model. Should save me £80 a month in fuel and the best thing is it will be reliable too. Need it asap though. Anyone have any other suggestions? I quite like the Polo though.

Singh 12th June 2010 02:21 PM

By the way, its only got 60 BHP!

My S8 has 6 times that :ROFL:

PsYcHe 12th June 2010 03:08 PM

Seriously????

Not as well getting a new 'whatever is wrong' from A8Parts?