A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Annual Meet 2018: hotel booking and attendance list (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13407)

MikkiJayne 4th October 2017 07:46 PM

No pressure then http://www.motorgeek.com/images/smilies/hide.gif

It'll be dirty again by June!

Spanker 5th October 2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 133308)
OK, no further meet promo required! Dean (well, his car) and MJ will be celebrity guests and I now expect a mad rush for hotel rooms simply to see Dean's car and the 'Queen of D2 A8s'. Now that they're both coming, I'm thinking of 2 things:
1. Charging extra for those not already registered to come and worship MJ and Dean's car
2. Placing a hefty bet on which car will win the best D2 competition.

It'll be great to meet you guys in June next year! Welcome indeed - I really hope we can put together a meet that you guys (and Pete P) will enjoy as much as the 'old timers'.

Gulp!

Sounds like I need to book the car into the Devon D2 hospital a few days before the meet to make sure that she (the car) will measure up to expectations.

tintin 5th October 2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 133308)
2. Placing a hefty bet on which car will win the best D2 competition.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results... :ROFL:

The_Laird 10th October 2017 07:47 PM

Here's a countdown to the loss of our reserved hotel rooms. Strictly, this will end on Thursday this week and the rooms will then be available for anyone to book. I'll be speaking to the events manager this week to try to get an extension but, if you plan to attend the meet next June, BOOK A ROOM NOW!

steamship 11th October 2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 133584)
Here's a countdown to the loss of our reserved hotel rooms. Strictly, this will end on Thursday this week and the rooms will then be available for anyone to book. I'll be speaking to the events manager this week to try to get an extension but, if you plan to attend the meet next June, BOOK A ROOM NOW!

Too right! We can't have Joe Public littering up the car park with non-A/S8s. :tuttut:

Architex_mA8tey 11th October 2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 133584)

If you could get another couple of weeks extension to the exclusivity then that will be good as I'm about to add to all the sites for our german, dutch and swedish friends +++

MikkiJayne 11th October 2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 133606)
If you could get another couple of weeks extension to the exclusivity then that will be good as I'm about to add to all the sites for our german, dutch and swedish friends +++

Mmm that would be good as I have a someone who's not on the forum also interested but he's on holiday at the moment.

tintin 11th October 2017 02:39 PM

Perhaps is we can give the hotel a (rough) idea of overseas guests, then they could block out a fixed number for another two weeks - Mikki/Neil, can you guesstimate this?

Djinny 11th October 2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 133615)
Perhaps is we can give the hotel a (rough) idea of overseas guests, then they could block out a fixed number for another two weeks - Mikki/Neil, can you guesstimate this?

Mario4E and Astrid will be coming with a high probability.
..and maybe Steve Häde with his wife.

The_Laird 11th October 2017 06:18 PM

I have a call booked tomorrow morning with the events manager but, unless we get an extension, tomorrow is the last day that the rooms will be reserved for us.

The chances are that, even if you book a room now and your circumstances change, you'll be able to transfer your room to another forum member at a later date - there are always people looking for a room much closer to the event.

Go on, book a room, let me sleep easily knowing the hotel is fully booked! :)