A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The red car or the blue car...?! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13350)

Audidothat 29th August 2017 05:02 PM

The red car or the blue car...?!

1 Attachment(s)
Which one would you pick!

M-A8 29th August 2017 05:16 PM

Red all the way, never liked Citroens !!!

Adrian E 29th August 2017 06:35 PM

Blue - GS is a stunning innovative design of a mass produced car from a mainstream manufacturer that delivered standards of comfort nobody else achieved at the time (and didn't rust any worse than the tripe anyone else was making then)

Spanker 29th August 2017 07:08 PM

There's no law to say you can't have both. Trust me +++

moltuae 29th August 2017 07:23 PM

The GS, every time.

Old Citroens are cool, especially those with hydropneumatic suspension.

Of course I'd prefer an SM, DS or CX first (in that order), but a GS is still pretty cool.

Old Citroens don't have the best build quality or reliability (although the suspension is surprisingly reliable) but they're bravely eccentric and innovative.

I owned the successor to the GS (two of them in fact), the Citroen BX .... followed later by 2 XMs.

I've never really liked Beetles ... Too cute and girly.

1781cc 29th August 2017 07:53 PM

Blue, the red one is too "Scene" and "Surfer dude" for me

Not a fan of ****roens mind... :ROFL:

Adrian E 29th August 2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 131942)
I owned the successor to the GS (two of them in fact), the Citroen BX .... followed later by 2 XMs.

I've still got a BX 16v +++ rare cars now - probably more GS's left!

moltuae 29th August 2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 131945)
I've still got a BX 16v +++ rare cars now - probably more GS's left!

Very cool +++ I always loved the 16V. The extra body styling really suited the car.

I had a MK1 16 RS (Webber carb), followed by a MK2 19 DTR (one of the world's fastest turbo diesels in its day), complete with the OEM rear spoiler that doubled as a useful handle for opening/closing the boot. They were such 'chuckable' cars with superb cornering capabilities that made them really fun to drive. Yet at the same time, they rode like a limo and the seats were super comfortable.

You're probably right about the numbers. The BX is certainly a very rare sight now.

27litres 30th August 2017 12:14 PM

Might be interested in the Beetle if it was a 50's or 60's one with original body (you know, keep it in the family and all that).
That ones a 70's Super Beetle, very basic motoring, unloved and too little too late... Audi F103 and Mk1 Golf are the same era.

I reckon that Citroen would be far more interesting!

Dave McB 30th August 2017 06:49 PM

Blue.

I used to be a parts advisor for a Euro Car Parts and developed a deep dislike for anything beetle-y.

However - my wife (and her family) are beetle mad and own 2....or is it 3.......

so id be driving it myself :ROFL: