A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A4/S4/RS4 B7 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   My A8 replacement..... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3296)

Singh 16th July 2011 03:07 PM

Fantastic write up Ian, I'd be lying if I said your D3 wasn't tempting, but I only really want one with a black interior, cream at a push.

IT 16th July 2011 03:16 PM

I always prefer a black interior too, one of the main reasons I focussed on this S4 and discounted others...

I did want a black interior for the D3, but I wanted sunroof, adaptive lights, adaptive cruise, alcantara roof etc more and they're just not easy to retrofit.

My plan was always to put a black interior in it when a8parts got one in, but you know me, I get bored and buy something else... :rolleyes:

IT 16th July 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh (Post 24883)
I'd be lying if I said your D3 wasn't tempting

If you are even vaguely tempted, I'm in Birmingham on Tuesday. I was going to take the S4 for a run out to see if it can even get there and back on one tank lol, but happy to take the D3 if you want a play with it when I finish work +++

Otherwise it'll be a case of first sensible offer takes it, as I cant afford to insure 2 cars indefinietely right now, nor do I want it hanging around uninsured....

Im not sure I'll get even 7K for it (which is soooo wrong !!) but I'll consider any genuine offer from anyone ... :)

Its essentially same spec/condition as my previous listing, but now she has a fresh MOT on her +++

I've got a break in the weather so I'm hoping to get her all doled up for some nice piccies, and I'll post the Ebay link soon. :D

notorious 16th July 2011 04:10 PM

Ian, will you miss ACC ?

IT 16th July 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 24886)
Ian, will you miss ACC ?

Yes, that and keyless entry. Both of which are available on the newer B8 S4, so I'm just going to pretend that they're not far away really.... +++

The journey home on Thurs night was painless enough on normal cruise, but it was midnight, so no traffic to dodge round. I think a normal journey is going to be hell !

At least when I get unused to ACC again, I'll stop getting in the missus' car and nearly crashing where her cruise fails to slow down and I'm a million miles away :ROFL:

Just emptied it, and washed it... Couldnt find room in the S4 for most the of the things that were tucked away in the 8 so brought them in the house, although the fresh smell of unused rubber coming from the spare wheel well on the S4 was kinda nice... +++

Singh 16th July 2011 05:18 PM

Although there is a little part of me that would like a nice D3, I need to stick to my original RS plan, I'm going to be working until 8 PM on Tuesday too :(
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure it will find a good home. If you are selling maybe you and Darren could do a deal on the rear lights as you probably won't see much more £££ for them in the overall sale price? +++

CliveH 17th July 2011 06:03 AM

So true

excellent write-up Ian +++ rings so true, and the comparison almost had me picking up the phone about your D3 but I still have a soft spot for the classic D2 and if/when I have a D3 it will have to be an S8... ;)

IT 18th July 2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CliveH (Post 24899)
excellent write-up Ian +++ rings so true, and the comparison almost had me picking up the phone about your D3 but I still have a soft spot for the classic D2 and if/when I have a D3 it will have to be an S8... ;)

Pretty sure I'll have another D3, maybe next year, but like you, fancy an S8 really, or at a push, a top spec 4.2 Tdi, but they're both too expensive right now....

A8 Doc 18th July 2011 04:19 PM

Remap it and if you have a friendly MOT station, decat the thing. If you can afford it, Milltek it!

Honestly different machine after that.

I'm only down the road.....

CliveH 18th July 2011 06:21 PM

Agree with most of that Doc, although I'm led to believe that the turboed cars benefit more from a full decat as the NA engines seem to need to bit of back pressure to operate at peak performance, hence why I went with 100 cell Milltek downpipes on the B6 S4.

I could of course be talking completely out of my bottom... :rolleyes: