A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   2014 Annual Meet Report - Scotland! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8288)

Architex_mA8tey 4th June 2014 11:42 PM

2014 Annual Meet Report - Scotland!

1 Attachment(s)
OK one and all this is your romping reporter getting ready to head North along with all the other Southern Softies. . . It's gonna be like Wacky Races out there on the motorways and back roads of Britain On Thursday and Friday as an aluminium stream of A8's S8's and support vehicles winds it's way to the sleepy hollow of Tyndrum. . . Watch this space!!! :D

Car is being prepared as we speak for the first leg. . . .

M-A8 5th June 2014 08:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Morning all
Well...preparations for the looooooong trip across Britain are well on the way for the past few days.
Jobs completed for this journey were not stress free, especially for the wallet:
- Wheel refurb
- Front end and part of the rear end respray
- Gearbox service
- 4x upper arms replacement
- Change all the engine coils as recently I've experienced fault on two of them
- Full engine bay clean
- Alloy clean and seal
- carpets wash
- Hoovered every corner of the car exc boot as it's loaded already with camping gear, bits and bobs and beer :D

Still to do today:
- Full deep leather clean and conditioning
- Glass
- Clean all the trims
- And final proper wash inc tyre dressing and final layer of quick detailer

Last night I tackled the carpets. I used washing gel and ikea brush, I have to say this is one of the best possible brushes you can use for such a job, great grip, great scrubbing power, almost effortless.
It always does the job very well.

Last night shot after hopefully last rain before the meet and before the lucky ones will have a opportunity to touch my lady in person :D
Parked last night on the most level surface to do the final Oli level check this morning

Ps. If anyone, hopefully not, will experience a misfire on the way and will need a engine coil, I've got 2-3 spare ones in the boot, used ones, but OEM and working (temp solution of course)

IT 5th June 2014 09:09 AM

I'm fully prepped.

I filled her up with fuel yesterday and checked thoroughly that I had loads of music to listen to.

That should do it.... :D

David's8 5th June 2014 09:24 AM

Looking good Marcin. Whats this Oli level check... and doesnt he mind?

M-A8 5th June 2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 75940)
Looking good Marcin. Whats this Oli level check... and doesnt he mind?

:hammer: :rolleyes:

MAM 5th June 2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A8 (Post 75933)
Morning all
- Wheel refurb
- Front end and part of the rear end respray
- Gearbox service
- 4x upper arms replacement
- Change all the engine coils as recently I've experienced fault on two of them
- Full engine bay clean
- Alloy clean and seal
- carpets wash
- Hoovered every corner of the car exc boot as it's loaded already with camping gear, bits and bobs and beer :D

Still to do today:
- Full deep leather clean and conditioning
- Glass
- Clean all the trims
- And final proper wash inc tyre dressing and final layer of quick detailer

It is probably safe to say you are somewhat more prepared than I. All I seem to have got done is a wheel refurb, the bodyshop to make the car shiny, a quick flick around the engine bay a hoover and a dust.

The_Laird 5th June 2014 10:24 AM

I've been meaning to get the inside of mine done too, but this event I'm helping to organise keeps getting in the way! :D

Hope you all enjoy it, despite the weather! :(

tintin 5th June 2014 10:39 AM

What event is that then? ;)

…if it hadn't been organised the way it has, the weather would be more of an issue..+++

M-A8 5th June 2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAM (Post 75945)
It is probably safe to say you are somewhat more prepared than I. All I seem to have got done is a wheel refurb, the bodyshop to make the car shiny, a quick flick around the engine bay a hoover and a dust.

How did it go with the respray?? Have you got the car already??

MAM 5th June 2014 02:07 PM

I have it back, but I only had one door resprayed which was a mess. This has now highlighted other areas that need re-doing as I have removed some very poor blending. My front wing is now a slightly different colour which is now more obvious than before.

The bodyshop said that it would be better to do this work first, and once the machine polish and wax is done, it will be easier to see the bits left to do as it was just guesswork. The bonnet was that poor, he had to sand off the lacquer but has done a stunning job in the time.