A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Christmas Greetings (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16030)

tc4332 22nd December 2020 01:35 PM

Christmas Greetings

Just because I am officially now an old man of 81, I want to live up to the designation of being a miserable grumpy tightwad.
No cards, no stamps, no envelope licking and no walk to the postbox.

May I wish you all a Very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

From the bottom of my empty toy sack.

tonupkid 22nd December 2020 02:10 PM

Hearty wishes for a happy Christmas everyone, especially Ray with his empty sack (I guess that's an age thing too)
And a healthy Phew Year. Roll on 2021 +++

steamship 22nd December 2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 161720)
the designation of being a miserable grumpy...

I think the majority of us are all in this boat to some degree, but the main thing as Nick says is to have a...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 161721)
a healthy Phew Year. Roll on 2021 +++

Perhaps it may be apt to say that hopefully we can look back on 2020 with... hindsight :rolleyes:

David's8 22nd December 2020 04:19 PM

Seasons greetings to you Ray and all the forum members. May 2021 bring health and happiness to all +++ ..
Especially to the grumpy old gits :ROFL:

pete-p 23rd December 2020 10:39 AM

Merry Christmas to you too Ray and everyone else!

Adrian E 23rd December 2020 11:22 AM

Merry Christmas all - I'm particularly looking forward to waving goodbye to 2020 - it has been a particularly sh@t year for me and my family, so looking forward to this 2 weeks off and watching the Brexit cluster-f@ck from an adjacent County (sorry Kent!)

I've alluded to my health issues this year elsewhere, but getting to the end of the year feels like a big win!

After being diagnosed with cancer in February, having survived an operation the week of the first lockdown in March (to remove 6" of my bowel and a bloody great big tumour that was blocking most of it), then 3 months of chemo through the summer, and then another operation in late September to remove a quarter of my liver where the cancer had decided to bugger off to and take up residence (and 4 more tumours within) I'm feeling rather fortunate to actually see Christmas! I may not be drinking and making merry as much as I might have in previous years, but looking back at last Christmas and the early part of this year I'm just grateful to still be here, as I really wasn't sure if I would be!

Been given the 'all clear' now, although subject to the usual 5 years of poking and prodding me to make sure it doesn't reappear.......I have some excellent scars to remind me of the year - attacked by a shark has been my favourite suggestion if anyone asks me about them when on holiday :D

Take care of yourselves, and your loved ones, and let us hope our inept leaders can manage to get the vaccine out in sufficient numbers to allow us to resume something like a normal life (and in my case, give my mum a nice cuddle while she still remembers who I am!)

Adrian

David's8 23rd December 2020 05:50 PM

You have been through a lot this year Adrian to say the least. All that AND the threat of Covid. Glad to to hear you're on the mend +++
Enjoy your xmas and i wish you a happier new year!

tc4332 23rd December 2020 07:51 PM

Really glad to hear of your very good prognosis Adrian.
I had a similar big scare some ten years back but with Acute Pancreatitis, thank God it wasn't the big C.
Eventually repaired with Gall Bladder removal, though no scars, done by keyhole surgery.
I never did manage to visit you in Gatwick but that job did come to an end sooner than expected.
Stay safe

HPsauce 23rd December 2020 08:20 PM

Best wishes Adrian, I knew you'd been through a rough time but didn't know it was as much as that!
Thanks for all your help and advice in the past and hopefully I'll see you again sometime in 2021.

H-M3 23rd December 2020 10:34 PM

Greetings to All! Good to hear your winning battle Adrian and pray all things good 2021. I get a lot of emails from cancer research and it’s amazing the amount of work they are doing.+++
Everybody be safe and be lucky