A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Today's Office (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14874)

tc4332 3rd April 2019 09:58 PM

Today's Office

10 Attachment(s)
Did a day trip from Leigh, Lancashire to Beverley.
49 pax needed and both our biguns were out on tour so I borrowed a 15 metre from Eavesway. Rather a long machine, note the overhang front and rear. They factory fit rear corner cameras that switch on automatically with opposite indicator. That backend swings out wickedly when a decent lock goes on, but the front is even worse.

The space alongside the driver is not a dance hall, it is a wheelchair position. There are three seats downstairs immediately behind the driver for wheelchair helpers/companions. All other passengers are seated upstairs.

Sorry about the last photo, I can't get it to stand up!!

steamship 3rd April 2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 149309)
Sorry about the last photo, I can't get it to stand up!!

That's some beast! After climbing those stairs, I'm surprised the passengers can stand up.

H-M3 4th April 2019 12:03 AM

Does it have CC and Radar?:p

moltuae 4th April 2019 08:02 AM

That is a big un'!

Don't think I've ever been to Beverly. What were you taking them to see there?

DailyMike 4th April 2019 07:21 PM

Next time your heading over to Beverley, please get in touch...I'd love to have a "D2 chin-wag" over a coffee!

Kind regards,

DailyMike.

tc4332 4th April 2019 10:24 PM

Wow!! Bigger response than I thought I’d get.

H-M3
No Radar but does have three kinds of CC Speed limiter, normal CC and downhill limiter. They also automatically use the retarder to control speed.

Moltuae
Just a older folk travel group wanted to wander round Beverley. Can be very nice in good weather.

DailyMike,
My apolgies. I did not think about you at all. At my age the two grey cells don’t speak the same language.

I’m out in it again on Saturday. Taking a wedding party from Leigh to Last Drop Village. One way only, we don’t do drinker’s return trips.

Today I did a high spec works trip to Aintree. Do it every year and they like me because I can look after their German guests, but I was able to use our Diner Coach.

Ameiseuk 5th April 2019 05:56 AM

That is one long front end on that coach - can see what you mean about the nose and tail swing!

MikkiJayne 5th April 2019 08:14 AM

Is it really weird sitting that far in front of the front axle? :eek3: Or do you just get used to it?

tc4332 5th April 2019 01:29 PM

It is a loooooong overhang.
It is strange at first but you soon settle in. All coaches give you that sideways movement on full lock but that beast is something else.
The strange thing is seeing the front wheels in your side mirror especially when applying a decent lock.
End of the day it is all judgement.
I'll admit that when turning into a pub car park once to turn one around I misjudged it due to the corner camera not working on that corner and caught a wall capping stone. One of the passengers was watching and told me that I had nudged the coping stone with my backend. The stone had moved about an inch but there was no mark on the coach.

tc4332 10th April 2019 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Different job today.
I used our 30 passenger Irizar to ferry the FC Barcelona directors from Manchester Hilton to Old Trafford for a working lunch, and returned them.
Eight on the way and nine returned.
On jobs like this we do get special treatment and we are always directed to parts that we are normally not allowed in.
But the paparazzi are a pain. TV crews can be awkward as well.