A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   V Power (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6326)

kal_ay 17th April 2013 10:24 PM

V Power

Apparently before the end of the month this will be available in UK Shell forecourts,its been in the Philliphines for a year or so,looking forward to it +++
http://topgear.com.ph/news/shell-to-...-v-power-nitro

ainarssems 18th April 2013 05:32 AM

If you ask me it's probably same old s#@t just new name.

The_Laird 18th April 2013 06:45 AM

Yeh, I thought there wasn't much apart from marketing hype.

David's8 18th April 2013 08:09 AM

The marketing dept sure went to town on this one eh? "nitro!" "+Racing"! Its probably got a slug of dishwashing liquid in it to achieve the "powerful cleaning action" and "instant acting friction modifiers". No change in octane levels though.

Marketing bullsh!t to extract more money from your wallet.

Architex_mA8tey 18th April 2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 56264)
The marketing dept sure went to town on this one eh? "nitro!" "+Racing"! Its probably got a slug of dishwashing liquid in it to achieve the "powerful cleaning action" and "instant acting friction modifiers". No change in octane levels though.

I'm sure that Oli will be along to comment soon lol :rolleyes:

tonupkid 18th April 2013 08:31 PM

Their marketing blurb has a lot of mentions of Ferrari, Reducing Friction, Cleaning deposits, but nothing that would be a credible reason to use this fuel. It's all bollocks and rather insultingly patronising

Oli18 18th April 2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 56254)
If you ask me it's probably same old s#@t just new name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 56258)
Yeh, I thought there wasn't much apart from marketing hype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 56264)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 56286)
Their marketing blurb has a lot of mentions of Ferrari, Reducing Friction, Cleaning deposits, but nothing that would be a credible reason to use this fuel. It's all bollocks and rather insultingly patronising

Ok - some interesting perceptions on what this launch actually is and I can see we have some cynics :)

All i can do is give a view as an employee and I will tell you that it's not hogwash. The R&D that goes into improving our performance fuel is 2nd to none and our technical partnership with Ferrari in F1 is just 1 aspect.

Whether you like the name is another matter. However, our technology teams are some of the most talented and passionate people you'll ever meet, committed to improving formulations to ensure Shell's fuels are the best in the market. Nitro+ has been a long time in the making and improvements in friction modification technology has meant that Nitro+ is a significantly different animal.

For those that are skeptical about differences in fuel, stick to regular old unleaded 95 - you'll be just fine. For those wishing to get the most out of your engine and keeping it clean from deposit build up from lesser fuels, don't pass this fuel as just another marketing gimmick as you'd be wrong! +++

Oli

notorious 18th April 2013 09:51 PM

Filled with Nitro today at Shell Wokingham.

Never noticed any difference vs v-power I used before. And I haven't noticed any difference between v-power and tesco supermarket fuel.

But will continue using Shell premium fuels. Perhaps engine notice something I don't notice. And I trust Shell. Trust goes a long way.

>> its been in the Philliphines

Never been there, but Philliphines sounds like Russia to me -- dodgy place.

Why not Germany or Netherlands or Switzerland or Japan? Why Philliphines?

kal_ay 18th April 2013 10:40 PM

Cheers for that Oli,when are we getting the VPower Nitro + Racing?

HPsauce 18th April 2013 10:49 PM

I'll be interested to see if this appears and might try it. :cool:

My S8 runs almost exclusively on Shell, mostly bog-standard 95-octane, occasionally V-power.
The good thing about the '8 is that you just put the stuff in and it adjusts to suit.

I have tried Tesco Momentum (is that the name?) and it "seemed" to give better economy.....
Let's face it, lack of power isn't really an issue. :tuttut: