A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Testing the water... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11131)

Zip 3rd February 2016 12:07 PM

Testing the water...

All,

I am considering doing the unthinkable and selling the car. I have no idea on price yet, but would like the benefit of your collective wisdom.

It's on 130,000 miles, and having just failed MOT (like I knew it would) on front suspension, I'm about to get upper and lower arms, ARB and probably tie-rod ends done (all OEM TRW stuff....yes, factory 20s, and different lower arms...).

Never touched the gearbox...and still running very sweetly indeed.

Cosmetically, it's pretty damn good, except a dented front passenger door that I believe can be done with a paintless repair ideally. Should I bother pre-sale?

Wheels were refurbed about 4 years ago in black chrome, but could do with another refurb, but I don't see the point when a new owner may want a different finish.

As you can see in my sig, it's a very sell speced late car, with the ESSENTIAL+++ extended leather pack 3 with alcantara headlining. I'm not kidding when I say that the headlining completely transforms the inside of the car.

I paid top dollar (about £19k) for it from Oscar Goldman a little over 8 years ago at about 55k miles, and it has been a great servant. It has full Audi history on long life servicing. The original sport recaro seats haven't been sat on for 6 years!!

Opinions please? Should I invest any more in it before sale? Anyone interested? Need any more info? Realistic price?

Start the interrogation...

Ta,
Zip:-(

The_Laird 3rd February 2016 12:40 PM

What's a billet aluminium 'brake block'?

PsYcHe 3rd February 2016 01:10 PM

It's a mod that stops the brake master cylinder mounts flexing when braking on FL D2s, improving the braking performance and feel. A pretty cheap mod that apparently gave great results.

IT 3rd February 2016 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 105842)

Never touched the gearbox...and still running very sweetly indeed.

Rightly or wrongly, that will probably put a number of people off.... They'll assume its due to go pop.
Quote:

Cosmetically, it's pretty damn good, except a dented front passenger door that I believe can be done with a paintless repair ideally. Should I bother pre-sale?

Should be cheap enough, and I've seen ally pulls before work really well. If its otherwise unmarked, then it would probably be worthwhile imo.
Quote:

Wheels were refurbed about 4 years ago in black chrome, but could do with another refurb, but I don't see the point when a new owner may want a different finish.

Folks will knock you down for the colour (non original) and condition, but can't see the point in having them done as its unlikely to boost the price by the cost.

Quote:

ESSENTIAL+++ extended leather pack 3 with alcantara headlining. I'm not kidding when I say that the headlining completely transforms the inside of the car.

Agreed. I can't believe people still drive around in 8's with those wafer thin dressings from the factory. They don't know what they're missing... [/shudder]

Quote:

The original sport recaro seats haven't been sat on for 6 years!!

I assume these are going back in, and all mention of comfort seats being deleted. Its off putting if people think a car has been hacked about, even if in reality its 12 bolts, 2 screws and a few wiring plugs +++

Quote:

Realistic price?

5? 4? Who knows. Depends what value people put on the gearbox. If you find someone who wants a late model 2002, with good spec, not bothered about 'FE' then should attract strong money. I've seen very few D2 S8's for sale lately. Definitely feels like good, original ones are becoming quite collectable +++

The_Laird 3rd February 2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 105850)
It's a mod that stops the brake master cylinder mounts flexing when braking on FL D2s, improving the braking performance and feel. A pretty cheap mod that apparently gave great results.

Where can I get one?

Zip 3rd February 2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 105847)
What's a billet aluminium 'brake block'?

Picked one up from a guy on Quattroworld in the states who machines them. Very pretty. I'll get a photo. Sits between master cylinder and the top strut brace effectively stopping any movement of the master cylinder under heavy braking.

Effective? No idea. Does it look pretty? Can't even see it. Can I talk about it in the pub, while bragging that it took 13 seconds off my Nurburgring lap time? No. Oh...

PS: I've also got one of those machined aluminium replacement oil cooler pipes in the cupboard in the event that that ever needs replacing...also looks pretty.

Z

PsYcHe 3rd February 2016 02:12 PM

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s...aking-1757152/ has a lovely picture of it in place.

Zip 3rd February 2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 105859)
http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s...aking-1757152/ has a lovely picture of it in place.

That's the one. Pretty isn't it?:rolleyes:

Z

RICKY D 3rd February 2016 02:49 PM

Do you have any recent pictures of the car? Ideally inside and out.

Could be very interested.

Thanks
Rich

Zip 3rd February 2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKY D (Post 105863)
Do you have any recent pictures of the car? Ideally inside and out.

Could be very interested.

Thanks
Rich

Hi Rich - I'll do something this weekend. It's got 2 weeks of M25 road grime on it at the moment!!

Z