A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sat Nav Advice Please (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14157)

Dakes55 16th May 2018 05:44 PM

Sat Nav Advice Please

I recently bought a 2002 A8 D2 which has a Concert II radio fitted with a CD boot changer, I am a bit confused as this car has a GPS Antenna on the boot lid which makes me think that it used to have a Sat Nav Fitted, I would like to either put the car back to original specs or fit a new Sat Nav, would it be better to fit the original type of sat nav which I think should be a Navigation Plus, is there much wiring to do and are there any extra modules needed, any advice on this would be very welcome as i am not very familiar on this subject

Adrian E 16th May 2018 06:01 PM

Are there any nav controls under the centre console cover for cup holder/menu navigation wheel?

Worth decoding spec sticker to confirm if nav originally fitted.

Also any evidence of nav related kit fitted in the left side boot compartment? Might find an old TV tuner, or nav drive if it had text based nav etc

Dakes55 16th May 2018 06:16 PM

I cant find anything that suggest a sat nav was fitted to this car after decoding the information but there is a tv tuner in the boot that has an input for a satnav, there are no controls in the arm rests only a knob that says menu on it, all that is in the left side of the boot is a cd changer and sony dvd / tv player and a playstation in the right side of the boot

mannyo 16th May 2018 07:42 PM

My old 2001 D2 had a very basic satnav, which from the outside you would not know it had, were it not for the GPS antenna on the boot. Its known on here as Text Nav, and it is all controlled using the colour screen between with the rev counter and speedometer. The controls are in the console with the knob thing, what options do you get when you press the menu button.

IT 16th May 2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakes55 (Post 141615)
I recently bought a 2002 A8 D2 which has a Concert II radio fitted with a CD boot changer, I am a bit confused as this car has a GPS Antenna on the boot lid which makes me think that it used to have a Sat Nav Fitted, I would like to either put the car back to original specs or fit a new Sat Nav, would it be better to fit the original type of sat nav which I think should be a Navigation Plus, is there much wiring to do and are there any extra modules needed, any advice on this would be very welcome as i am not very familiar on this subject

Give us the reg and we can work out what it had originally.

Worst case it might just be a dummy gps aerial if someone needed a boot lid in the right colour but couldnt find one without gps on it....

Dakes55 17th May 2018 08:33 PM

The Reg number is RE02HHV, there is nothing on the menu display for any sat nav options

IT 18th May 2018 07:50 AM

No Sat nav from factory, so replacement boot lid seems the most likely reason.

Blinds and glass sunroof seem to be its only notable factory options.