A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Audi s8 d3 5.2 litre v10 £3.5k (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16723)

Furryhobnob 2nd July 2022 01:40 PM

Audi s8 d3 5.2 litre v10 £3.5k

Hi guys I'm listing for sale my s8 5.2 litre v10, I bought it around 3 years ago from here, previous owner was olly.
In my ownership I've changed fuel filter, all discs, rocker gasket covers, all new spark plugs, a new oem battery that was coded to the car, aswell as general maintenance that has been done at least once a year, I've got all the history from olly and all work that I've had done in my ownership I believe.
Car is very well specced including.....
Spec includes:
Bang & Olufsen speakers
Solar panel sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control (radar)
Rear seat entertainment with 6 DVD multichanger in the boot, and remote in the rear armrest
Audi Music Interface with genuine USB & Apple leads
Digital TV (with video in motion front and rear)
Fingerprint memory / start with keyless entry
Audi Parking System Advanced
Tyre-pressure monitoring (pressures & temperatures)
Through-load ski hatch and ski bag
HomeLink garage door opener
Electric rear and side privacy blinds
Twin-pane/UV insulating glass and heated windscreen

Now the bad, the car started hunting at idle and almost cuts out in neutral, when driving its perfectly fine so I bought a run around to get me a to work and back while I left the s8 with my dad who's a master tech to see if he can source the problem. Unfortunaly other family issues have got in the way and he's not had time to look at it.
Car got sorn a few months back and currently has no mot. The car was leaking oil which I was told is the rocker gaskets, which were both replaced, but the car still leaks oil slightly.
There's a patch with no lacquer on the front that was like this when I bought it from olly on here, and hasn't got any worse, and just before I drove this to my folks my neighbours daughter swiped the rear bumper slightly, it's mostly buffed out but is still there.
Car comes with a private plate of s8 fkd which when last checked was worth around £750.
Mileage is around 160k miles, but I'll confirm exactly when I see the car next.
Alloys were refurbed around a year ago but 1 is showing a kerb mark, and all 4 tyres were changed around 5000 miles ago too, so all have plenty of life remaining. Will also come with 3 brand new coil packs that I bought for as and when they fail.
With young boys and a hectic job I'm just not having the time to spend on the s8 and it pains me to see it sitting there, so i put it on here in the hope someone is willing to spend a little money to get her singing again.
As for the price I'm going to list it at £3.5k which I think is a bargain and leaves plenty of meat on the bone for someone willing to put the time in to sort the problems and still have a bargain. Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as honestly as I can, cheers
Link to thread where I bought it on here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...231#post151231

I will also try and get some pics up myself when I'm next over at my folks.
Collection would be from nuneaton/Warwickshire.
Haven't posted it for sale anywhere else yet either, will give it a couple of weeks on here first.

Furryhobnob 2nd July 2022 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 28727

Attachment 28728

tonupkid 2nd July 2022 03:14 PM

Your price for this very well spec'd D3 S8 seems to be significantly on he low side to me.
Your car has an unusually high spec for an S8 and is in a great colour. Might be good to get up some decent pictures (camera phone held in landscape) asap
Good luck with it

Furryhobnob 2nd July 2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 170214)
Your price for this very well spec'd D3 S8 seems to be significantly on he low side to me.
Your car has an unusually high spec for an S8 and is in a great colour. Might be good to get up some decent pictures (camera phone held in landscape) asap
Good luck with it

Its hard to price really, as with the fluctuating revs at idle and not knowing what it is, I'm thinking worst case scenario then someone has still got a decent price.
I bought a coil pack tester and they all seem to be firing fine, it could be a maf issue or something else entirely, no engine management light either which makes matters even more confusing.
I'd just like it to goto someone who's got the time/money to sort it as there's not many of these around, will get pics ASAP, appreciate the input though

homer simpson 3rd July 2022 09:00 AM

I am interested in this as for once it is actually local to me and I could get it trailered. Let me get back to you asap.

Can I get first call on it?

Furryhobnob 3rd July 2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer simpson (Post 170217)
I am interested in this as for once it is actually local to me and I could get it trailered. Let me get back to you asap.

Can I get first call on it?

Yeah im happy for you to have first call for now, I'm not in a massive rush, if you need my number or anything drop me a message, cheers

jonnypym123 3rd July 2022 09:26 AM

Have you got more photos? My private messaging on here isn't working

Furryhobnob 3rd July 2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnypym123 (Post 170219)
Have you got more photos? My private messaging on here isn't working

I've tried replying to your private message you sent me, but it doesn't seem to send as there's nothing in my inbox, so I'll answer it here.....

Hi jonny, when ollie was having issues with idle I think it was due to carbon build up, he had that all sorted and the intake flaps removed.
Car drives fine when actually driving and moves through the gears ok too, if in neutral or d and sitting there the revs fluctuate to the point the car nearly cuts out.
As to the oil leak its not significant, if you park overnight sometimes there's oil under the car the next day, sometimes there's none?
Someone has asked for first call on it on the thread, i won't be able to get pics until I'm next over at my folks, which will likely be next weekend now, regards Frankie

jonnypym123 3rd July 2022 09:46 AM

Thanks Frankie

IT 3rd July 2022 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furryhobnob (Post 170212)
Hi guys I'm listing for sale my s8 5.2 litre v10, I bought it around 3 years ago from here, previous owner was olly.
In my ownership I've changed fuel filter, all discs, rocker gasket covers, all new spark plugs, a new oem battery that was coded to the car, aswell as general maintenance that has been done at least once a year, I've got all the history from olly and all work that I've had done in my ownership I believe.
Car is very well specced including.....
Spec includes:
Bang & Olufsen speakers
Solar panel sunroof
Adaptive Cruise Control (radar)
Rear seat entertainment with 6 DVD multichanger in the boot, and remote in the rear armrest
Audi Music Interface with genuine USB & Apple leads
Digital TV (with video in motion front and rear)
Fingerprint memory / start with keyless entry
Audi Parking System Advanced
Tyre-pressure monitoring (pressures & temperatures)
Through-load ski hatch and ski bag
HomeLink garage door opener
Electric rear and side privacy blinds
Twin-pane/UV insulating glass and heated windscreen

Now the bad, the car started hunting at idle and almost cuts out in neutral, when driving its perfectly fine so I bought a run around to get me a to work and back while I left the s8 with my dad who's a master tech to see if he can source the problem. Unfortunaly other family issues have got in the way and he's not had time to look at it.
Car got sorn a few months back and currently has no mot. The car was leaking oil which I was told is the rocker gaskets, which were both replaced, but the car still leaks oil slightly.
There's a patch with no lacquer on the front that was like this when I bought it from olly on here, and hasn't got any worse, and just before I drove this to my folks my neighbours daughter swiped the rear bumper slightly, it's mostly buffed out but is still there.
Car comes with a private plate of s8 fkd which when last checked was worth around £750.
Mileage is around 160k miles, but I'll confirm exactly when I see the car next.
Alloys were refurbed around a year ago but 1 is showing a kerb mark, and all 4 tyres were changed around 5000 miles ago too, so all have plenty of life remaining. Will also come with 3 brand new coil packs that I bought for as and when they fail.
With young boys and a hectic job I'm just not having the time to spend on the s8 and it pains me to see it sitting there, so i put it on here in the hope someone is willing to spend a little money to get her singing again.
As for the price I'm going to list it at £3.5k which I think is a bargain and leaves plenty of meat on the bone for someone willing to put the time in to sort the problems and still have a bargain. Any questions feel free to ask and I will answer as honestly as I can, cheers
Link to thread where I bought it on here: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...231#post151231

I will also try and get some pics up myself when I'm next over at my folks.
Collection would be from nuneaton/Warwickshire.
Haven't posted it for sale anywhere else yet either, will give it a couple of weeks on here first.

You have PM +++