A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D4 - Interior Trims (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   retrofitting equipment (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9257)

nath 9th December 2014 11:00 AM

retrofitting equipment

has anyone retrofitted massage seats to there a8 please

it is one of the options i would have loved to have but couldnt find the right car with the option fitted

is it a simple case of coding in the massage seats or is it more complex and involving new modules and wiring harnesses ?

thanks

IT 9th December 2014 12:29 PM

Pretty sure they're self contained so straight swap over, no coding involved I suspect... +++

PsYcHe 9th December 2014 03:31 PM

Are they a button on the seat, or is the massage function done through the climate panel?

IT 9th December 2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 85881)
Are they a button on the seat, or is the massage function done through the climate panel?

Button on the side of the seat for massage. It just pulses the lumbar support basically. Very simple and 99.99% sure it doesn't require any additional connectivity.

Vented seats is a whole different matter..... ;)

jza8 9th December 2014 10:31 PM

To be honest, i don't find it that useful personally.

IT 9th December 2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jza8 (Post 85904)
To be honest, i don't find it that useful personally.

Im inclined to agree. I think 'massage' is probably overselling it a bit really. If the car has it fine, but probably wouldn't go to the effort of sourcing seats with it on for a retrofit personally.

If it stayed on for more than 10 mins before it gave up and stopped it would be a bit more useful.... +++

nath 11th December 2014 11:40 AM

It is one of the things I would have liked if I could have found the right car
May well look at a few other bits instead

My car doesn't have reversing camera so am going to look at doing this and possibly the matrix headlights

BigAl5 17th January 2018 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok , I have the massage seats. It much more than just pulsating the lumber support. You can turn it on by pressing a button on the side of the seat, then use the comfort seat scroll wheel on the side of the seat to select 9 different massage functions. You can also use the MMI screen if you wish so I think if you found some seats they would just fit straight in but the MMI may either need to be programmed (or perhaps the MMI will automatically recognise Massage seats are now fitted).

Massage seats are only available on either ‘comfort seats’ or Sport Comfort seats’ (the same but with a cross stitch leather design.

I use mine every day and they are so good that I really would prefer not to get another A8 without them.

You can for example, just select a shoulder massage or lower back, or a full upper and lower back massage... across 9 massages in total.

Importantly you can even select on a scale of 1-5 the intensity of each massage. I have mine set to 5 but my daughter likes 2.

Hope this helps.

IT 17th January 2018 03:27 PM

^^ I agree with all of this.

In fairness, the two comments (one by myself) were from experience at the time purely with D3 massage, which was pretty poor.

Since then, I've had a D4 myself with massage, and the D4 one is certainly a very functional purpose built feature, and far more worthy of the title +++

BigAl5 17th January 2018 03:42 PM

Hi IT, I did wonder if those comments above were based on an older system.

By the way, I sent an email yesterday to the admin asking if they can add a ‘thank you button on the bottom of each comment. That way we can very quickly and simply thank people directly on the page and acknowledge their advice / help. The other two forums (non Audi) that I’m a member of have an identical overal design to this forum but both have the thank you buttons. Members can also see how many times people have ‘said thanks’ to you which is quite a nice thing.