A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   A8 3.7 D2 - Only 34,935 miles (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13621)

tartan 19th November 2017 09:22 PM

A8 3.7 D2 - Only 34,935 miles

19 Attachment(s)
After much deliberation I have decided to advertise my beautiful and very rare Audi A8. Used as a 'Saturday' car (weather permitting) and kept in a heated garage.

The car was supplied new by Scott's Audi in Mayfair London and was owned by a retired investment banker. Over the past fifteen years the car has genuinely covered only 34,935 miles from new. The condition of the car is second to none. It always attracts comments and is very well received. It is wonderful to drive and very comfortable.

The colour is called Ebony Black Pearl and the interior is trimmed in full black Valcona leather with Vavona burr walnut. The car has an excellent and extensive specification which includes Satellite Navigation Plus, the superb BOSE audio system and CD changer in the boot, heated and electric front seats with memory function, climate control, double glazing, electric steering adjustment, power folding door mirrors, an electric glass sunroof, on-board computer, cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, very rare 18" polished Monoblock alloy wheels and so much more.

The car has a full Audi service history (9 main dealer visits) and was last serviced in September this year which was less than 100 miles ago. It has also had four new Bridgestone tyres, new discs and pads and brake fluid changed. The timing belt and water pump were replaced in 2014 at 28,951 miles. The Mot is until May 2018 but it has covered less than 500 miles since then.

I can not stress enough how immaculate the car is. Anyone willing to travel will not be disappointed. 2 owners.

£9,995

tintin 19th November 2017 10:15 PM

Nice car - and it would need to be to command that sort of premium over other 3.7s (Neil will be along in a minute...;) ). 2 questions:

1) Travel to where? - it's not clear, unless I missed that detail (which is possible...)

2) The suspension seems higher than usual - or is that just an optical illusion?

briang9 19th November 2017 11:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 135063)
Nice car - and it would need to be to command that sort of premium over other 3.7s (Neil will be along in a minute...;) ). 2 questions:

1) Travel to where? - it's not clear, unless I missed that detail (which is possible...)

2) The suspension seems higher than usual - or is that just an optical illusion?

I agree, needs to be very special to command that price tag, and not sure a 3.7 with those wheels does..not intending to be negative...more realistic IMHO..20" wheels just make it look much better..compare and contrast..GLWS anyhow+++

David's8 20th November 2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

I guess Edinburgh area based on his forum name and last service at Edinburgh Audi?

I have 18" Avus (or 18" Fat Fives for winter) on mine and these wheels do look smaller than mine. Mine are on 15mm spacers but even so these do seem to have a lot of space around them.
But the car does look immaculate as stated +++ GLWTS

RICKY D 20th November 2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

The suspension seems higher than usual - or is that just an optical illusion?

Unless I’m mistaken this is a non sport model which do sit slightly higher do they not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 135075)
I have 18" Avus (or 18" Fat Fives for winter) on mine and these wheels do look smaller than mine.

Again, I think this is a non sport model and the alloy wheels are possibly 17” and not 18”? I’ve certainly not seen this design in 18” before but they do look very nice and in very good condition whatever size they are.

steamship 20th November 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 135075)
I guess Edinburgh area based on his forum name and last service at Edinburgh Audi?

Beat me to it David.

Somewhat surprised that both front CV joint gaiters were worn out before 30k miles. Apart from that, MOTs just show advisory's on front tyre wear.

tartan 20th November 2017 03:04 PM

Thank you for the comments folks. I am based in Edinburgh in Scotland, apologies for not mentioning that before.

I also should of said that it is a non-sport model. I just assumed fellow members would have noticed the lack of sports seats and steering wheel.

The alloy wheels are definitely 18" in size as well. The 20" wheels would make a huge difference and I did consider them, however the extra profile of tyre/rubber on the road does help make it more soothing to drive and I also felt putting larger wheels on the car without the correct sports suspension would be in vain. The original wheels have grown on me considerably and I am quite happy with them now.

Many thanks

YorkshireBloke 26th November 2017 10:10 PM

Hi,

LOVELY CAR, a torment for someone like me with a 3.7 that needs the usual restoration work, gearbox service at Mackies, suspension rebuild, belts, relays for air-con, parking sensors... :(

Having said that, Steamship and others have reassured me that investing in your own car means you know what has been done... and mine has the essential (in my life) LPG kit so I can afford to do the big trips the car is built for... +++

GLWTS

Robert

notorious 27th November 2017 08:55 AM

Lovely example !!! +++

tartan 6th December 2017 02:36 PM

Thank you for the comments guys.