A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It's been emotional..... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12357)

briang9 26th November 2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 120332)
Sorry you felt you had to sell Adrian. Its something many of have to face as we transition from one life phase to another. (apart from BrianG... :p )
Many thanks for your contributions etc on the forum. +++

I think Adrian and me are at opposite ends of the life transitions phase, and TBH my most recent phase gave me the means to add another car to the drive:D I am hoping at the next stage, when we downsize the house, I can create an equally creative man maths case to add yet more......;)

Sorry to hijack your thread Adrian, and good luck with the house hunting and "sensible" car options+++

ETA... only seems like yesterday:D

http://audisrs.com/about20136.html

notorious 26th November 2016 09:23 PM

Hi Adrian, good luck and stay in touch. Will you be selling sunroof that we didn't manage to install?

barzya8 26th November 2016 09:49 PM

Hi Adrian,
So sorry to hear that you have sold your car, but fully understand your reasons for doing so.
I took me over two years to find my Final Edition S8, after having had a run in yours, despite owning a A8 QS 4,2. The difference is so significant.
Thanks for being so helpful with all your advice and guidance.
If you need to ever scratch that itch again with the D2 S8, without buying one, mine will be available for you to scratch that itch when needed. Just ask.
Good luck with the house move and let me know where you eventually settle.
Good Luck
David +++:-(:(:D

Architex_mA8tey 27th November 2016 06:42 PM

Same sentiments from me Adrian - please stick around and keep contributing as you have done, your input has been invaluable, as has your company at so many meets. GLad to have helped find a hopefully good home for what has got to be one of the nicest S8 Final Editions that was out there in the market place!
Hope things all go smoothly for you with the move etc and please do stay in touch +++

pete-p 28th November 2016 07:54 AM

Hi Adrian. I'm sorry to hear you've had to sell I know a little about how you feel after selling my B5 S4. It's funny how attached we become to our cars.

I've not seen your S8 in the flesh but the photos certainly always looked good. All the best with your house move and I hope you're back in an Audi soon.

Adrian E 28th November 2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 120338)

ETA... only seems like yesterday:D

http://audisrs.com/about20136.html

Good find! Doesn't seem all that long ago, but I know a lot has changed in my life in that time lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 120345)
Hi Adrian, good luck and stay in touch. Will you be selling sunroof that we didn't manage to install?

Will do +++ The sunroof kit with loom went with the car - along with my 'spare' Milltek back box and everything else I'd been hanging on to. Think all I've got left which I'd forgotten about is an auto dimming rear view mirror and a set of Thule aero bars! The solar roof I really wish I'd got around to doing, but lack of space and time just got in the way :o

Adrian E 28th November 2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barzya8 (Post 120346)
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for being so helpful with all your advice and guidance.
If you need to ever scratch that itch again with the D2 S8, without buying one, mine will be available for you to scratch that itch when needed. Just ask.
Good luck with the house move and let me know where you eventually settle.
Good Luck
David +++:-(:(:D

Thanks David +++

At the moment I think we'll be staying put till spring as the market seems very slow, even accounting for the run up to December....

At least the garage is clear for emptying the loft into and otherwise clearing the house out!

Adrian E 28th November 2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 120376)
Same sentiments from me Adrian - please stick around and keep contributing as you have done, your input has been invaluable, as has your company at so many meets. GLad to have helped find a hopefully good home for what has got to be one of the nicest S8 Final Editions that was out there in the market place!
Hope things all go smoothly for you with the move etc and please do stay in touch +++

Thanks Neil - will aim to stick around :D - and thanks again for your help in finding a suitable new home for the S8. I hope it got up to Glasgow OK as haven't heard yet.....

Adrian E 28th November 2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 120408)
I've not seen your S8 in the flesh but the photos certainly always looked good. All the best with your house move and I hope you're back in an Audi soon.

Cheers - I can still 'slum it' in the S5 in the meantime - although 1 car ownership is already proving a drag!

briang9 28th November 2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 120485)
Good find! Doesn't seem all that long ago, but I know a lot has changed in my life in that time lol :o

yeah I know, doesn't seem that long ago, fair bit changed for me too+++