A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rear Screen Heater Module Location (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14547)

Dakes55 25th October 2018 10:47 AM

Rear Screen Heater Module Location

Does anyone know where the rear screen demister control module is located on a 2002 2.8 FL quattro, the manual states that its behind the right hand side panel in the boot, but on mine its not, I have taken off both side panel covers and plastic covers on both sides of the boot, and on the left side there is only the central locking pump and alarm module, on the right hand side there is nothing there, any ideas where else to look?
Thanks

HPsauce 25th October 2018 10:56 AM

Sure you're not getting confused with the front heated screen control; I think that is back there (oddly).

ainarssems 25th October 2018 10:58 AM

It's the front screen heating module in the right side of boot. Rear screen is operated by climate control unit of FL and a simple switch of PF.

Dakes55 25th October 2018 11:07 AM

My car does not have a heated front screen, I have checked behind both sides in the boot and there is nothing on the right side, and on the left side there is only the central locking pump and the alarm module, I can hear a relay clicking in and the light comes on when the demister button is pressed and it goes through it timing cycle, turns itself off after a while as it should, but it seems like there is no power getting to the rear screen as its not clearing it, I have all the manuals and they state the demister control module should be located behind the right hand side panel, but I checked and there is nothing there, its a bit weird this one.

HPsauce 25th October 2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakes55 (Post 145771)
My car does not have a heated front screen, I have checked behind both sides in the boot and there is nothing on the right side, and on the left side there is only the central locking pump and the alarm module

All of which is consistent with what has been said to you above.

What year and exact model is your car, as noted above REAR demist controls changed slightly at the facelift?

Dakes55 25th October 2018 11:40 AM

The car is a 2002 D2 FL Quattro, 2.8 long wheel base

ainarssems 25th October 2018 12:33 PM

You cannot find it because there is no such thing. It's just 30A fuse, wire to HVAC unit, switch/relay inside unit and wire to the window.

Dakes55 25th October 2018 12:51 PM

Great, thanks for the info, I thought the wiring diagram looked very simple, ill check the fuse again, but last time I checked it was ok, thanks again

Dakes55 22nd November 2018 05:56 PM

I have looked at the wiring diagram for my car and it does show that is just a straight wire to the rear heated rear window, protected by a 30 fuse, for some reason there is no power getting to the rear screen heater, the fuse is ok and the relay is working ok, so im thinking it must be a break in the wiring somewhere

IT 23rd November 2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakes55 (Post 145775)
The car is a 2002 D2 FL Quattro, 2.8 long wheel base

FYI, Long Wheel base was 4.2 only in the UK......

If its a UK car, and it has the V6, its a SWB +++