A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   For Sale: 2002 S8 Final Edition Aqua Blue (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11194)

tonyt102 17th February 2016 11:19 AM

For Sale: 2002 S8 Final Edition Aqua Blue

8 Attachment(s)
Up for sale is my 2002 Audi S8 Final Edition. This has been a second car for me and due to me needing more space, it has to go.

The car has covered 166,000 miles however; the engine was replaced by Audi Yeovil under warranty in 2008 at 108,661 miles so the new engine has only done around 58,000 miles. I have all the Audi invoices for this at cost of £6,368.07. The engine runs 100% perfect. In addition to this, in July 2015, I had a full gearbox refurb completed at a cost of £1350 – This has the remainder of the 12 months warranty and it works faultlessly. MOT expires
27th October 2016.

Thermostat and coolant was replaced in November 2015. System was fully flushed and cleaned at the same time.

All discs and pads have been replaced in the last 6 months – front are Bosch and rear are Pagid. At the same time, I fully cleaned and re painted the calipers and disc flanges in a OE finish.

The 20” Final Edition alloy wheels are 100% perfect and were refurbished in April 2015. I had a slightly darker colour applied which I don’t think matched the chrome window strips. I have covered these in 3M vinyl which really sets it off and matches the alloys much better. Obviously, this can easily be removed. The spare is a 20” however, is in the original silver colour. All tyres are Dunlop and are in good condition. I currently have a set of 18” winter wheels fitted with Dunlop winter tyres. These can be purchased separately should you want them or you can have them instead of the 20’s.

The interior is in superb condition and is the rare Aqua leather with dark wood trim. Everything works as it should. Back in the summer, I gave the leather a deep clean and treated it with 3 coats of Race Glaze conditioner. Carpet mats were removed and wet cleaned and genuine Audi over mats are fitted.

The car has a full service history and I have an Excel document with everything on which I can email should you wish. This is backed up by a stamped book and a folder packed with invoices.

The body work is in great condition as you can see from the images. As you can expect, it may have the odd mark or minor blemish here or there due to its age.

The S80 number plate isn’t included with the sale.

I'm looking for £4200 OVNO.

Any questions, please PM me – thanks.

The_Laird 17th February 2016 11:46 AM

Interestingly, another FE without extended leather pack and, I wonder if it has heated rear seats. If not, it's the same spec, but different colour combination, to mine and Mark's.

And, IMHO, this looks like a bargain!

David's8 17th February 2016 12:22 PM

I do like to see the care lavished on the disc hubs and calipers!+++ Mine looked like that a few weeks back - before the winter!
I presume the belt/pulleys were done at the same time as the 'stat?
Agree with the Laird - a bargain.

tintin 17th February 2016 12:38 PM

Nice car, looks well cared for, and is probably better value for money than the £13k example current being offered for sale by an amnesiac Octogenarian :(

GLWTS, and could you disclose who did the gearbox refurb?

IT 17th February 2016 12:44 PM

Very tidy. Well presented, and might I say, the aqua blue seats that I've often not been too keen on, look fantastic in these photos.

Nice price, I do hope they find a good home on the forum +++

Architex_mA8tey 17th February 2016 12:48 PM

+ 1 Lovely car, extremely well looked after and a bargain, if I were looking for one I'd be heading to see it straight away! Good Luck with the sale +++

Goran 17th February 2016 01:11 PM

Nice car. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity do you know what went wrong with the previous engine to cause it to be replaced?
I thought these engines were rock solid?
I'm always interested to know all the possible modes of failure.

tonyt102 17th February 2016 06:50 PM

Thanks for the positive comments and well wishes.

IT - I know what you mean about the seats but they look really good with the dark wood. They've grown on me!

Goran - not sure really. I can only assume that a waterpump exploded or timing belt snapped during the warranty period. The list of components replaced is rediculous.

The_Laird 18th February 2016 07:41 AM

Tony

Can you confirm whether your car has heated rear seats? It's to provide information on the spec of FE cars.

And, if you can, let us know the date of manufacture from the build sticker in the handbook/service book.

Thanks

tonyt102 19th February 2016 12:26 AM

Hasn't got heated seat in the back. I'll have to check but I'm sure it was registered July 2002.