A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Used car prices (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16449)

Sit down, Waldo 7th October 2021 01:17 PM

Used car prices

Crazy high at the moment by all accounts. My mate bought a 3 year old C Class from a Merc dealer about 6-7 months back. Last week the dealer called him & offered £1,500 more than he paid to buy it back...& I think he was prepared to haggle. Must be some serious shortages in the market.

roberto 7th October 2021 03:24 PM

yes

most Audi,s i were lookig at have gone up £5000 plus since 2019 (same cars)

utterly rediculous Massive lossed later on i predict

Adrian E 7th October 2021 03:27 PM

I'm tempted to offload the S5 while the market is overheated, then sit on the cash for a while. When I last looked even WBAC were offering £10k for a 10 year old car with 75k miles +++

roberto 7th October 2021 03:31 PM

ive heard bad reports on WBAC

they knock you down when you go to your appointment
then admin fees etc (not been myself thou)

homer simpson 7th October 2021 04:00 PM

Prices are definitely through the roof at the moment and if you are thinking of selling then do it quick! Lack of supply vs high demand is the problem at the moment and so people are able to sell nearly new cars at silly prices. There is a long thread on a Mercedes forum about this very subject

Adrian E 7th October 2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 166999)
they knock you down when you go to your appointment
then admin fees etc (not been myself thou)

I’d advertise privately - just use it as an indicator of ‘bottom book’ to price it up reasonably fairly

tc4332 7th October 2021 07:32 PM

WBAC have just offered £14,500 for mine.

sarg 8th October 2021 09:19 AM

I sold the M4 though wizzle.co.uk

Similar in some ways to WBAC, but basically it's offering the car to the trade via that portal.

I got a couple of K higher than WBAC, it sold on the first morning of posting, deposit paid that afternoon, car collected the next day, no quibbles.

They even bought a spare set of alloys I had for £2k on top (expensive M wheels)

I sold as I've gone from 25k miles a year to 2.5k (at a push) so have no need for an expensive youthful car for a daily driver, so sold up and replaced with a D2 :)

I would not have sold if I still needed the youthful reliable dependable car, as the prices are all relative and would have had to pay over the odds for its replacement. Having said that, we did swap SWMBO's Mini for an M340d in May, we caught the tide perfectly gettting a really good part ex price for the Mini, but bought a slightly older stock ex-demo that had not yet escalated in price - it was a £40k retail car that I could now get £42k for trade, but not selling. Besides, it's just back from a £1,200 paintwork correction and ceramic coating.

BUT...

All of these services will knock your price down when they see that car if it has not been accurately described.

All these complaints about WBAC (Roberto!) are from people who just plug in their reg number and mileage, ignoring the kerbed alloys, scratches and/or interior issues, then expect to get top whack clean trade price.

The problem is not WBAC!!!

roberto 8th October 2021 07:10 PM

yes sounds like people with delusions of grandure
never been myself just heard

Ameiseuk 9th October 2021 07:19 AM

Anything on wheels is crazy money at the moment...with severe shortages in good used stock to sell.

I'm even running out of forklifts! :ROFL: