A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fixed Price Service (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14453)

tc4332 4th September 2018 02:16 PM

Fixed Price Service

Got caught out this morning and landed up doing Grandfather duties . . .taking kids to school . . . twice.
During the second run it was raining and the wipers were noisy, a loud click at the end of the outward movement. The noise seemed to be the rubber changing direction on the screen.
So I rang Warrington Audi and tried to arrange a fixed price wiper blade change. The young lady stated that they would have to change some filters. So after a rather pregnant pause I thought it best to politely clarify my request i.e. I only wanted the blades changing. She then realised her error, quoted £42 which is what I expected and arranged a time that it could be done. The time arranged gave me five minutes spare to get there which was pretty cool; I was about ten minutes away.
Arrived and was greeted with a smile and a cuppa, good start. Another young woman took charge of me and suggested that I went to the parts department to purchase new wipers and she would organise someone to fit them for free. I explained that I wanted to partake of the free safety check which she accommodated me with saying “ I was trying to save you time and money” and warned me it would take a couple of hours. It was a really good feeling being able to reply that time was of no concern and that the cuppa was worth repeating.
It took a couple of hours during which I was treated to (by a very nice young lady) a few cups of tea, biscuits and very pleasant chats. You all know I am not averse to a good chat!!!
They sent me an email containing a video of the fitter checking and reporting on two advisories:-
1. Wear on both front tyres
2. 75% wear on front brake pads and disc wear.(£825)
They also reported that the starter motor intermittently sticks when starting the engine. (£1407.06)
Total cost was £42, I must have drunk that much in tea, and the car was vacuumed and washed.
Big difference was the silence of the wipers, even when switched on.
As I left two of the young ladies grabbed me and made me suffer from kisses and cuddles.
Best £42 worth ever. Suddenly I am rather partial to the stealers. At my indie I get cuppas, man hugs but no kisses.

Architex_mA8tey 4th September 2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 144915)
[font=&quot] I only wanted the blades changing. She then realised her error, quoted £42 which is what I expected and arranged a time that it could be done.

I do find its actually cheaper to buy the wiper blades for all of our 8's from Audi as genuine blades and get them fitted for free etc, its one of those strange things where buying them and doing it yourself can actually cost more. On the D2 it's even more important to get the correct blades as the nearside wiper has compound curves in 2 directions +++

paulrstaylor 4th September 2018 02:41 PM

Sounds like a good day out!

Are you planning on taking up their kind offer to replace your starter motor? :ROFL:

tc4332 4th September 2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulrstaylor (Post 144918)
Sounds like a good day out!

Are you planning on taking up their kind offer to replace your starter motor? :ROFL:

I could buy another car at that price, or am I tempting fate?

To be honest, I could, but let's wait and see.

Brakes and discs I could do it myself but I do have a son that I trained in his younger days.
Tyres??? Few thousand left there.