A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   FOR SALE: Private Plate for S8 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16621)

Green Goblin 17th March 2022 11:57 AM

FOR SALE: Private Plate for S8

Maybe the ultimate S8 plate?

‘S8 LOL’ on retention certificate so ready to go.

£2500

tintin 17th March 2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 169077)
Maybe the ultimate S8 plate?

‘S8 LOL’ on retention certificate so ready to go.

£2500

Nice - though I thought you'd typed LOL after the price ;). Seriously though, GLWTS, I'm sure there's someone out there that this is just right for +++

Green Goblin 1st April 2022 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 169080)
Nice - though I thought you'd typed LOL after the price ;). Seriously though, GLWTS, I'm sure there's someone out there that this is just right for +++

Got a lot of positive comments when I was out and about. Petrolheads especially knew it was the right plate on the right car and no silly spacing/screw heads needed.

Sadly the car is now sold as I’m now looking at getting into a B8 RS4 Avant but have loved every minute of the past 9 years’ ownership of the old girl.

D2 S8 is a very hard car to replace!! If a mint condition Ebony Black FE ever comes up for sale in the future I’d be very, very tempted to jump back in :love:

If the plate doesn’t sell and I do end up in a black FE in the future, of course S8 LOL will go straight on it!

Adrian E 1st April 2022 10:31 AM

You'd have to really want LOL in the plate - going rate for S8 plates appears to be £400-900 asking price on ebay. The only completed sale one went for an offer under the £600 asking price.

tintin 1st April 2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Goblin (Post 169230)

D2 S8 is a very hard car to replace!! If a mint condition Ebony Black FE ever comes up for sale in the future I’d be very, very tempted to jump back in :love:

If the plate doesn’t sell and I do end up in a black FE in the future, of course S8 LOL will go straight on it!

Sadly, mine's a Brilliant Black one, so wouldn't qualify ;)...

Green Goblin 1st April 2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 169231)
You'd have to really want LOL in the plate - going rate for S8 plates appears to be £400-900 asking price on ebay. The only completed sale one went for an offer under the £600 asking price.

…and those cheaper plates have totally random, meaningless letters. Not a remotely fair comparison. LOL is a common acronym and spellable words and acronyms are usually worth much more.

Bottom line - it’s worth what someone will pay for it since it’s completely unique. There is only one of it. No such thing as a ‘going rate’ for private number plates either.

Markiii 21st April 2022 12:44 PM

i doubt the generation that want Lol on a number plate will be owning an S8

MikkiJayne 21st April 2022 12:48 PM

I want lol on a number plate! But, a number plate is a long way down the list of things I can buy for £2500.

tintin 21st April 2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markiii (Post 169354)
i doubt the generation that want Lol on a number plate will be owning an S8

I might - but I already have a perfectly respectable one that cost about 1/10 of this price +++

Green Goblin 10th July 2022 12:04 PM

Price now lowered to £1500