A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Spotless (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Not much else to do.. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15662)

briang9 7th May 2020 09:15 PM

Not much else to do..

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned again to sit on the drive for another few weeks, my photographer decided the RS6 is the wrong colour and would spoil the "location" shot :(

tintin 8th May 2020 09:26 AM

Nice - is that a new plate for the Maserati, or am I just being unobservant? ;)

briang9 8th May 2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 157329)
Nice - is that a new plate for the Maserati, or am I just being unobservant? ;)

Put it on at the beginning of December +++

The_Laird 8th May 2020 07:28 PM

I didn’t know you had a first name that began with ‘X’. :D

moltuae 8th May 2020 08:18 PM

Nice :love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 157339)
I didn’t know you had a first name that began with ‘X’. :D

X Æ A-12 Brian, perhaps? ;)

tintin 9th May 2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 157340)
Nice :love:

X Æ A-12 Brian, perhaps? ;)

That would be a bit of a change of heart for Brian, methinks :ROFL:

I can't see this point of making them all shiny and pretty at the moment anyway, tbh, as they're not going anywhere for a while.

Also, as it seems to have stopped raining since March - in Cheshire anyway.. :rolleyes: - all that's needed is a quick water blast with the Kärcher to blow the dust off, and hey presto! they're all clean again, as they haven't moved since the last time I did the same thing ;)

The_Laird 9th May 2020 05:22 PM

I keep cleaning mine to shift the bird s**t! And I take it in turns to take one of them out to the supermarket every ten days or so (hence the effin’ bump in Asda’s car park!)

ainarssems 9th May 2020 05:29 PM

It's pretty much business as usual for me but wife is sitting at home so S4 was a bit underused. It's been sitting on drive for 5 or 6 weeks but I was driving it to my night shift work this week instead of A8 and might be alternating 1 week S4 , other week A8 going forward. A6 is consistently putting on 300+ miles per week during days delivering 'smiles' on behalf of Amazon on my second job

briang9 9th May 2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 157341)
That would be a bit of a change of heart for Brian, methinks :ROFL:

I can't see this point of making them all shiny and pretty at the moment anyway, tbh, as they're not going anywhere for a while.

Also, as it seems to have stopped raining since March - in Cheshire anyway.. :rolleyes: - all that's needed is a quick water blast with the Kärcher to blow the dust off, and hey presto! they're all clean again, as they haven't moved since the last time I did the same thing ;)

Aye fair point, but it gets me out the house on these rare fine days up here..and it makes the beer afterwards somehow more justified +++

The_Laird 9th May 2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 157352)
Aye fair point, but it gets me out the house on these rare fine days up here..and it makes the beer afterwards somehow more justified +++

I’m doing a lot of ‘justification’ here too, Brian. Weather has been wonderful, the BBQ is getting a hammering, and the periodical shop is heavy on the beers!