A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Wanted - D2 menu system black round cap (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13999)

RS6 2nd April 2018 03:04 PM

Wanted - D2 menu system black round cap

The round cap that you twist to select items on the menu, like setting the clock and and various other menu choices, mine has cracked and i end up pulling it off if i want to select anything, its a black round cap (dam careless previous owners!)

Be really helpful to fix this mine has cracked so doeesn't grip the selector +++

HPsauce 2nd April 2018 03:23 PM

I had the same problem, ended up using a random knob that fitted, from some old radio or hi-fi kit I think.

tintin 2nd April 2018 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 139639)
The round cap that you twist to select items on the menu, like setting the clock and and various other menu choices, mine has cracked and i end up pulling it off if i want to select anything, its a black round cap (dam careless previous owners!)

Be really helpful to fix this mine has cracked so doeesn't grip the selector +++

£3800 for a main Audi dealer - I'm not joking, that's what I was quoted - and it wasn't yesterday :tuttut: , or about a tenner from our forum sponsors +++

steamship 2nd April 2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 139646)
£3800 for a main Audi dealer - I'm not joking, that's what I was quoted - and it wasn't yesterday :tuttut: , or about a tenner from our forum sponsors +++

:eek2: And I thought the price of the fog light grills was expensive.

RICKY D 2nd April 2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

:eek:

Jesus wept!

homer simpson 2nd April 2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

£3800 for a main Audi dealer - I'm not joking, that's what I was quoted - and it wasn't yesterday

Does it come with a free car to put it on?

RS6 2nd April 2018 07:18 PM

wow thats a dangerous quote!!

maybe one from a c5 would also fit?

I will have to approach our sponsors have i described the part correctly? does it have a part number? thanks all!

RS6 2nd April 2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 139640)
I had the same problem, ended up using a random knob that fitted, from some old radio or hi-fi kit I think.

another good plan +++

steamship 2nd April 2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 139656)
I will have to approach our sponsors have i described the part correctly? does it have a part number? thanks all!

The knob itself doesn't appear to have a part number, but the entire unit does. It is 4d0919721e. You'll probably have to buy the unit. If phoning A8parts, ask them to check the condition of the knob for you since that's the important part.

HPsauce 2nd April 2018 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what my knob looks like (down Mike!):