A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Lights (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Changing side indicators from orange (de-tango) (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5012)

HPsauce 3rd July 2012 09:51 PM

Changing side indicators from orange (de-tango)

My side (front wing) indicator repeaters are still the original orange plastic.
Having changed my Focus ones to clear (well very light grey tint) with orange bulbs I'd like to do the same on the S8.
I've also changed the front indicator bulbs (on the S8) from standard orange to the "mirror chrome" variety for a better look, though now they actually look slightly blue from some angles through the lens :Confused: .

Where's the best place to get clear or lightly-tinted side repeater units from?
My car is Agate Grey so I'm wondering if a light grey tint would look better than clear.
I think my bulbs are already orange as the plastic has faded a bit and new orange bulbs were fitted to pass the MOT a while back.

IIRC FL cars have clear units anyway, but they look a bit bigger (illusion?) - are they compatible or not and are they the best option if so?

TIA for any advice. +++

Dezzy 4th July 2012 06:41 AM

The FL ones are bigger mate they're longer than our square ones. I have clear in mine but not sure if they're genuine parts.
A8 Parts may be able to help but i know that Euro car parts sell them new for around £3.50 each.

HPsauce 4th July 2012 09:58 AM

There seem to be "identical-looking" square repeater on sale for A4's of the same vintage.
Cheaper, but are they actually the same? (seems likely) :Confused:

Dezzy 4th July 2012 10:20 AM

Euro car parts have the same part no for both A4 and A8 but they are also the same price??? If £3.50 is too much maybe try a bit of cling film

HPsauce 4th July 2012 10:33 AM

Not showing on ECP web site for me. :Confused:
Do you have a link?

Edit: Weird, found it now via a different way of searching:
"Fifft Repeater Indicator" Part No.: 477440251 £3.36 each!

And ordered. That's really cheap, but then it's only a couple of bits of plastic....:D

Thanks for your help. +++

ainarssems 4th July 2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 42954)
Not showing on ECP web site for me. :Confused:
Do you have a link?

Edit: Weird, found it now via a different way of searching:
"Fifft Repeater Indicator" Part No.: 477440251 £3.36 each!

And ordered. That's really cheap, but then it's only a couple of bits of plastic....:D

Thanks for your help. +++

At that price I should probably get a pair as well. Report back with results.

Adrian E 4th July 2012 01:31 PM

Don't forget if you frequent the Audi srs site at all there's a euro car parts discount code for 25% off ;)

Got over £25 off a new Bosch battery for the a6 this week :)

HPsauce 4th July 2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 42970)
At that price I should probably get a pair as well. Report back with results.

You would need to update your signature photo which clearly shows orange ones! :ROFL:

Nollywood 5th July 2012 05:04 PM

Yep. Late pre-facelift Audi A4 B5 have clear ones, and are OEM. Early amber ones carried the same part numbers as pre-facelift D2.

HPsauce 5th July 2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 42970)
Report back with results.

Well they arrived this morning, bright and early (Yodel).
But when I came to fit them I found I still had WHITE bulbs under the original orange caps.

Which doesn't match the bill I have for supplying and fitting a pair of orange bulbs require to "pass the MOT" late last year. :mad:

So they will have to wait a few more days. :(