A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A7/S7/RS7 4G (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Got me an A7 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12862)

Witchfinder 2nd April 2017 01:44 PM

Got me an A7

I was missing the S8, and my commute was becoming miserable in my diesel S-Max. I couldn't afford to put fuel in another S8, so I've ended up with a BiTDi A7.

It's a really, really nice car, I'm so pleased with it. It's missing a couple of niceties that really ought to be on a car this spec. I cannot believe that reversing camera and keyless entry are not standard on a car at this level. I've got so used to keyless over the last 2 years that it now feels like a chore to fish in my pocket when I want to unlock the car. The camera isn't an essential, but it would have been useful given the poor visibility out of the A7 rear window.

The noise and shove from the engine beggars belief. It actually feels stronger than the S8 did in the mid-range. I guess that's the 650Nm of torque.

This forum seems pretty empty. Any more owners around, or is there somewhere else worth checking out?

IT 3rd April 2017 11:52 AM

I guess the A7 is a relatively new model, and not so old that its falling into the hands of the forum-enthusiast types so much at the moment.

I had a very high spec A7, now owned elsewhere on the forum, but the toys made the car for sure.

BiTDi is a cracking engine, serious shove and MPG. nice choice +++

PsYcHe 3rd April 2017 12:50 PM

A very nice A7 it is too Ian :) The BiTDI is a great engine, though I did want to go back to petrol for my next car after my 4.2TDI A8.

I didn't realise that keyless was an option on the A7. Is it just keyless door that's missing, or keyless start too? The camera does make a huge difference, though it does have a noticeable delay in the image, so you need to be careful :)

IT 3rd April 2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 126341)
A very nice A7 it is too Ian :)

It is.... Your sig needs some work....

Sunroof, twin pane with privacy, polished twin spoke alloys, LED headlights and the ultra exclusive pop up rear blind are at least missing from memory.... +++

IT 3rd April 2017 03:18 PM

oh, and keyless lol.... ;)

Witchfinder 5th April 2017 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 126341)
I didn't realise that keyless was an option on the A7. Is it just keyless door that's missing, or keyless start too? The camera does make a huge difference, though it does have a noticeable delay in the image, so you need to be careful :)

Keyless start with starter button is standard, but the "convenience key" is a £750 option. Yes, really. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I cannot believe how much I miss it right now.

Here's a picture. I call it "The Batmobile" :D

PsYcHe 6th April 2017 12:31 PM

Very nice :)

I do like the A7 in black, but my silver one hides the dirt better...

Witchfinder 6th April 2017 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 126426)
Very nice :)

I do like the A7 in black, but my silver one hides the dirt better...

Thanks.+++
I've owned black cars before. They always look stunning. For about 30 minutes after they've been washed.

Architex_mA8tey 8th April 2017 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Go the middle route - get grey lol :ROFL: